+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open work permit

Deniel

Oct 12, 2019
Good day,

I would like to ask I work here for 2 years., Can I apply a open work permit? Even I don’t have a ITA?

Thank you,
Eden Santillan

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Good day,

I would like to ask I work here for 2 years., Can I apply a open work permit? Even I don’t have a ITA?

Thank you,
Eden Santillan
No - unfortunately not. You need to receive ITA and submit your application before you will qualify for an open work permit.

Ariesmainali

Oct 14, 2019
Hello, I have done my certificate level in my country (Nepal) then after I have done the 3 years diploma in BIT (Business Information Technology) from Malaysia. I have been working one of the companies in Qatar as Foreman for 4 years. I would like to request you to suggest me the equivalent of my Certificate as per the Canada education system and whether I can apply for the open work permit for Canada or not?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello, I have done my certificate level in my country (Nepal) then after I have done the 3 years diploma in BIT (Business Information Technology) from Malaysia. I have been working one of the companies in Qatar as Foreman for 4 years. I would like to request you to suggest me the equivalent of my Certificate as per the Canada education system and whether I can apply for the open work permit for Canada or not?
No - you do not qualify for an open work permit. If you wish to work in Canada, you will need to get a job offer from an employer in Canada and your employer will need to obtain an approved LMIA.

ghost114

Nov 3, 2019
This is my question :: holding a OWP for graduated student,But right now I am a Tim Hortons' worker, may I extend open work permit for my spouse ?

ghost114

Nov 3, 2019
Considering how baking at Tim Hortons is essentially reheating prepared goods, I doubt it, even if you can identify an NOC B category you think you fit under.
My friend sent a request for extending to '' ..... '' last week ! wait and see
how long does he get the result ?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
My friend sent a request for extending to '' ..... '' last week ! wait and see
how long does he get the result ?
There is nothing to wait and see about. If your friend applied to extend his PGWP when he didn't qualify for any other work permit, he submitted an incomplete application. If rejected, he will not benefit from Implied Status and will be considered out of status as of his PGWP expiry, with any work done after that point deemed illegal. Illegal work can have a detrimental effect on any future applications. Your friend should withdraw and not risk work illegally.

ghost114

Nov 3, 2019
There is nothing to wait and see about. If your friend applied to extend his PGWP when he didn't qualify for any other work permit, he submitted an incomplete application. If rejected, he will not benefit from Implied Status and will be considered out of status as of his PGWP expiry, with any work done after that point deemed illegal. Illegal work can have a detrimental effect on any future applications. Your friend should withdraw and not risk work illegally.
ok, His PGWP is ok , it wll be expried in 2022 only , but right now he wants to extend OWP for his spouse , he is a baker of Tim Hortons

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
And he is a Tim Hortons baker, in NOC D? He has to be in NOC 0, A, or B to allow his spouse to get an OWP if he is on a PGWP.

ghost114

Nov 3, 2019
And he is a Tim Hortons baker, in NOC D? He has to be in NOC 0, A, or B to allow his spouse to get an OWP if he is on a PGWP.
I think his job is in NOC D ! but he sent the forms , so that why I say : '' wait and see "