jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Great. Just making sure. :)

I’m not sure you can get an OWP though based on the guide below, but I’ve never been involved in getting one for anyone other than a spouse so I may very well be wrong.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5553-applying-change-conditions-extend-your-stay-canada-worker.html
Hmm, that's a good point. This guide suggests that someone in Canada on a temporary visa who is not a spouse may not be eligible for apply for an OWP. The other list, which includes dependent children, may be people who have to apply for an OWP outside of Canada.

When you applied for the TRV to get to Canada, did you have to prove ties to your home country and an intention to return? When did you decide to stay in Canada?

visitorcanada3097

Apr 8, 2019
Great. Just making sure. :)

I’m not sure you can get an OWP though based on the guide below, but I’ve never been involved in getting one for anyone other than a spouse so I may very well be wrong.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5553-applying-change-conditions-extend-your-stay-canada-worker.html
Wow thanks this really helps but you've mention about leaving canada for giving biometrics can i go to us by giving that?

visitorcanada3097

Apr 8, 2019
Hmm, that's a good point. This guide suggests that someone in Canada on a temporary visa who is not a spouse may not be eligible for apply for an OWP. The other list, which includes dependent children, may be people who have to apply for an OWP outside of Canada.

When you applied for the TRV to get to Canada, did you have to prove ties to your home country and an intention to return? When did you decide to stay in Canada?
Yes i have an intention to return based on giving my TRV

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Please read the website I sent you in an earlier post. I sent you the link for a reason, so you could access it.

No, you may not go to the US to give biometrics. The only people allowed to give biometrics in the US are people legally in the US already. You must go to another country that you can enter.

You may not be eligible for the OWP. You may not be eligible to re-enter Canada if you leave unless you have a multi-entry visa.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
OP is not elligible for an owp.
Thank you.

To the OP - you should only give biometrics when you apply at a VAC or after receiving a biometrics collection letter. If you turn up at a VAC without a letter, they won't know what to do with your biometrics.

As Canuck 78 says, you're not eligible for an OWP. Any attempt to change your status now risks a scenario where CIC believes that you never intended to stay here temporarily, instead doing what you're doing now - getting into the country and then applying for a work permit inside it.

If you want a work permit, you need an LMIA and all the other process.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
She says her mother will sponsor her, which makes me think that her mother put her as a non-accompanying dependent. Her mother is waiting for a PR decision, but the OP's application may not have started, unless I'm completely wrong and the OP was listed as an accompanying dependent.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
She says her mother will sponsor her, which makes me think that her mother put her as a non-accompanying dependent. Her mother is waiting for a PR decision, but the OP's application may not have started, unless I'm completely wrong and the OP was listed as an accompanying dependent.
Yes and that is why she doesn't qualify for an OWP.