+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open Work Permit

upmanit

Star Member
Jul 19, 2015
Hi Experts, I am in really tight spot and appreciate help here. I am on closed work permit with Company A and my project is ending in 2 weeks and I don't wanna go back to India as I got My Family living here(My Wife is on closed work permit with Company A and 3 year old Daughter). Below are my questions

A) Can I Apply open work permit based on Closed work Permit of My Wife? If Yes, whats the processing time B) While the open work permit application is underway, can I stay in Canada or do I have to leave Canada and apply Visitor Visa and then re-enter and will my Visitor Visa Application from outside Canada will impact my already files Open Work Permit Application?

Thanks a lot for all the help in advance.

Aneep Kumar

Mar 14, 2018
Ottawa
A. Yes you can.
B. When you submit your application you come under implied status. So, yes you can stay in Canada and can work as you apply for open work Permit based on your wife’s permit and job.
Hi Experts, I am in really tight spot and appreciate help here. I am on closed work permit with Company A and my project is ending in 2 weeks and I don't wanna go back to India as I got My Family living here(My Wife is on closed work permit with Company A and 3 year old Daughter). Below are my questions

A) Can I Apply open work permit based on Closed work Permit of My Wife? If Yes, whats the processing time B) While the open work permit application is underway, can I stay in Canada or do I have to leave Canada and apply Visitor Visa and then re-enter and will my Visitor Visa Application from outside Canada will impact my already files Open Work Permit Application?

Thanks a lot for all the help in advance.