+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open Work Permit

DMAB

Aug 31, 2009
Good day to all,
I just joined this form today and I have a few questions. So far, I am waiting on Scarborough cic. To give me a date for my interview. I got married in July 2008, I did call my cic office and they told me it would take 24 months for me to get a reply or a date for an interview. I have been through all the other stages with verge Ville. My application was sent to Scarborough. May 1, 2009. I am doing inland spousal application, which was processed at vergriville Oct. 27, 2008. I was not advised to send in my open work permit application but I was advised to send in my visitor extension and I got it, which just expired August 31, 2009 now I have applied for a new extension once again. I was told by immigration that I could not apply for a work permit at all is it possible I could apply now for an open work permit and get it. Even though I have already applied for a new extension and have been here for 1 year already. I came here on a multiple visitor’s visa and stayed after getting married following all the guidelines.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

quote author=DMAB link=topic=24708.msg135952#msg135952 date=1251730420]
Good day to all,
I just joined this form today and I have a few questions. So far, I am waiting on Scarborough cic. To give me a date for my interview. I got married in July 2008, I did call my cic office and they told me it would take 24 months for me to get a reply or a date for an interview. I have been through all the other stages with verge Ville. My application was sent to Scarborough. May 1, 2009. I am doing inland spousal application, which was processed at vergriville Oct. 27, 2008. I was not advised to send in my open work permit application but I was advised to send in my visitor extension and I got it, which just expired August 31, 2009 now I have applied for a new extension once again. I was told by immigration that I could not apply for a work permit at all is it possible I could apply now for an open work permit and get it. Even though I have already applied for a new extension and have been here for 1 year already. I came here on a multiple visitor's visa and stayed after getting married following all the guidelines.

[/quote]

It would appear that your application was sent to Scarborough without Approval in Principle, so you are not eligible for an Open Work Permit.

PMM

DMAB

Aug 31, 2009
Do you have any Idea how long it takes for a person like me to get an oppointment from Scarbarough. I have called a few times and I was told three years then another I was told 24 months not over that.
I got my extention today Thank GOD for that for 6 months first time i applied for a year and they gave it to me this time they cut my request sort and gave me 6 months.

I still give thanks if you can help me with the time line issues I would love that PMM...

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can order your CAIPS notes and find out why they sent you to the local office without AIP. If you don't want to wait 2-3 years, you can withdraw your application and apply again after having fixed the problem or apply again outland.

DMAB

Aug 31, 2009
Ha well thats money again right? I guess I will just wait for if I pull it I still have to wait for an answer then find money to apply again.
Thanks leon. Based on reading and all I have read about cases that do take one year in total so I will wait and see may be its just their back log as they have stated to me...

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cases take 10 to 18 months in total when everything is ok. In your case, everything is not ok. Otherwise, you would have gotten your first stage approval after 6 months and would have been able to apply for an open work permit. When the local office is telling you it will take them 2-3 years to look at your case, they have no reason to lie. Maybe you get lucky and they will get to you faster but don't count on it.

DMAB

Aug 31, 2009
Thanks. One thing that puzzles me most times is that when they say these things normally takes 2 -3 years are they also speaking about the time it spent at vergeville or this times starts when its sent to the locat office. I would love to be set straight on this.

Thanks Leon...

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They are probably talking about their own timeline of their local office after it got sent there but if you call them again, you can ask about that specifically.