+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open Work Permit

banesai7

Sep 15, 2013
I am a resident of Kuwait holding super visa for a period of 4 years. I intend to travel to Canada in July, 2014. I would like to know:

1. How long is the validity of the work permit in months/years?
2. When is the appropriate time that I should apply for the permit so that it remains valid by the time I enter Canada?

I look forward to your answer to my queries.

Thanks and regards.

Mumtaz Shah

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Your post is confusing. I think you will need to provide more information in order for us to answer.

A super visa is a visitor visa only. You are not allowed to work if you are in Canada on a super visa. You are only allowed to visit.

ajay93

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
banesai7 said:
I am a resident of Kuwait holding super visa for a period of 4 years. I intend to travel to Canada in July, 2014. I would like to know:

1. How long is the validity of the work permit in months/years?
2. When is the appropriate time that I should apply for the permit so that it remains valid by the time I enter Canada?

I look forward to your answer to my queries.

Thanks and regards.

Mumtaz Shah
Hi Mumtaz,
i think so if you want to work in canada .You need to have a work visa. This visa cannot help you to get a job.

banesai7

Sep 15, 2013
I am a resident of Kuwait and intend to travel to Canada in July 2014. I would like to submit my application for work permit at the Canadian Embassy in UAE. I would like to ask:

1. Is it too early to apply?
2. In case I apply now and get the work permit, will it still be valid for my planned travel to Canada in July 2014?

I hope my query is clear now.

Looking forward to your comments

Mumtaz Shah

ajay93

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
banesai7 said:
I am a resident of Kuwait and intend to travel to Canada in July 2014. I would like to submit my application for work permit at the Canadian Embassy in UAE. I would like to ask:

1. Is it too early to apply?
2. In case I apply now and get the work permit, will it still be valid for my planned travel to Canada in July 2014?

I hope my query is clear now.

Looking forward to your comments

Mumtaz Shah
Hi Mumtaz,
as i said you need to have a work permit doesnt mean you can just apply for one .
There are certain requirements like .Need to have a employer who wants to hire you ,as well this employer needs to provide you with a LMO ( labour market opinion ).then you need to prepare you documents accordingly.
Check the CIC immigration site Respectively.
If its your First time ,then check the forum also it can help you how to start.
Best Of Luck. :)

banesai7

Sep 15, 2013
The CIC website says:"You may be eligible to apply for an open work permit if you are in one of the following situations: You have a temporary resident permit valid for at least six months". The website also adds that: "Open work permits allow them to work in any job with any employer. An open work permit also means that they may be hired without the employer having to obtain an LMO (the normal authorization required)".

This means that anyone who has TRV for at least six months is eligible to apply for an open work permit without an LMO.

Your comments will be appreciated

Thanks

Mumtaz

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
banesai7 said:
The CIC website says:"You may be eligible to apply for an open work permit if you are in one of the following situations: You have a temporary resident permit valid for at least six months". The website also adds that: "Open work permits allow them to work in any job with any employer. An open work permit also means that they may be hired without the employer having to obtain an LMO (the normal authorization required)".

This means that anyone who has TRV for at least six months is eligible to apply for an open work permit without an LMO.
No. A Temporary Resident Permit, TRP, and a Temporary Resident Visa, TRV, are totally different thing.

If you want to apply for a work permit, you will need a job offer from an employer with a positive LMO.