+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open work permit - Visitor Record

Shereen7393

Aug 28, 2018
Is not this section optional? Anyways what did you do and have you got the OWP? How many days it took? And what is the validity date? Spouse WP end date or 6 months from the time you enter?
I left the document number blank. I submitted my application on April 15th, I am still waiting for the permit.

atul2003

May 13, 2019
I left the document number blank. I submitted my application on April 15th, I am still waiting for the permit.
Did you receive any updates or communication from them yet? Have they asked for Biometrics? If yes, where did you do? Have you paid the Biometrics feed while filling the application for OWP?

Shereen7393

Aug 28, 2018
Did you receive any updates or communication from them yet? Have they asked for Biometrics? If yes, where did you do? Have you paid the Biometrics feed while filling the application for OWP?
I gave my biometrics when I applied for visit visa back in my country. I guess biometrics is valid for 10 years or so, hence I think I dont have to go for biometrics again. I wasn't asked for one with my OWP application.

atul2003

May 13, 2019
I gave my biometrics when I applied for visit visa back in my country. I guess biometrics is valid for 10 years or so, hence I think I dont have to go for biometrics again. I wasn't asked for one with my OWP application.
I am thinking to apply OWP for my spouse and she recently came on a visitor VISA which was done in last year and no biometrics were taken at that time as the biometrics system was not implemented at that time. Now, while applying for an OWP now, I do not see any question in the questionnaire which asks whether biometrics is done or not. The same question was visible when I was checking this couple of months back and they were adding a biometric fees of 85 bucks. Now the confusion is - she can not go back to india just to do biometrics. Additionally one hopeful aspect is - if they are not asking for the biometrics fees right now, they will not ask to do biometrics.
Suggest your thoughts,please.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I am thinking to apply OWP for my spouse and she recently came on a visitor VISA which was done in last year and no biometrics were taken at that time as the biometrics system was not implemented at that time. Now, while applying for an OWP now, I do not see any question in the questionnaire which asks whether biometrics is done or not. The same question was visible when I was checking this couple of months back and they were adding a biometric fees of 85 bucks. Now the confusion is - she can not go back to india just to do biometrics. Additionally one hopeful aspect is - if they are not asking for the biometrics fees right now, they will not ask to do biometrics.
Suggest your thoughts,please.
As it is an application within Canada to change status, biometrics are not required.

Reactions: atul2003

jyotisc

Star Member
May 22, 2019
Montreal Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
I have applied my Open work permit on 5 Oct after submitting application I got mail that your application is submitted but not received any update after that. So just need to confirm how much time it takes to receive OWP. On their site it shows 8 week processing time

Shereen7393

Aug 28, 2018
I have applied my Open work permit on 5 Oct after submitting application I got mail that your application is submitted but not received any update after that. So just need to confirm how much time it takes to receive OWP. On their site it shows 8 week processing time
I got mine after 3.5 months.. the processing time then was 99 days.

Shereen7393

Aug 28, 2018
on site was it showing 99 days at that time? cz now it showing 8 weeks so when can i expect to get this?
If you are in Canada, select work permit extension category to know the processing time. Because, that was what I was told to select when I wanted to know the same.

jyotisc

Star Member
May 22, 2019
Montreal Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
If you are in Canada, select work permit extension category to know the processing time. Because, that was what I was told to select when I wanted to know the same.
Thanks for the confirmation. in that case I am able to see 116 days. one more last question will they directly send hard copy or first will get notification