+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open Work Permit Visa got rejected

heema

Oct 8, 2014
My Husband is a full time student in Kitchener.I applied for open work permit visa and got rejected for the same reason twice. Reasons were

1. your family ties in Canada and in your country of Residence
2.length of proposed stay
3.personal assets and financial status

what family ties can i show more than my husband my parents and in laws.and I have included a leave sanction letter from the company I am working right now that when I return from Canada I can rejoin. And coming to assets I have showed 2 crores of properties and 10laks(INR) cash in my and my husbands account.What else they are expecting me to put.

I think CIC is fooling people with this open work permit Advertisements in their websites.we were attracted to that advertisement and thought we can stay together until he completes his course.We are now suffering why we have chosen Canada for our future.We both are missing each other very badly.If they go on reject my visa it will be difficult situation for us.

sonuahmad

Star Member
Jun 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad, Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2014
Hello heema,

I am sorry to hear that. I think you should apply for visit visa and show cash into your personal bank account and also show that you are depended of your husband and you want to spend this Christmas or new year together or whatever do you thing is best for you and forget the open work permit just go for the visit and don't forget attach your husband's assents in the Canada included bank statement and salary clips and also proof that you and your husband's have enough money to support you and you will not ask for any type of financial help and you must have to satisfy them. That is the only way for you to get yourself in Canada quickly and to see your husband soon.

Hope you understand.

heema

Oct 8, 2014
Thanks for the reply..How should I satisfy them with my answers. I have briefly explained them every single point in my cover letter :(

I thought to apply for visit visa last time but few suggested me that for the second time if I apply in other category i.e visit visa they are not gonna believe me as I applied for open work permit first time.

I will be more than happy if they give me at least visit visa so that I can meet my husband ::)

vivek4u4me

Star Member
Mar 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO SYDNEY NOVE SCOTIA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 09
Nomination.....
AINP....NOV 27 2015
AOR Received.
March/08/2016
Med's Request
NOV 07 2016
Med's Done....
NOV 08 2016
Interview........
WAITING
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
Hi last year i applied for my wife visa and she got open workpermit. the things which you get approved is i guess what kind of job your husband doing their or if he is studying he have enough funds to support you in Canadian bank account. now you already showed them you are working here you cant change your statement that you are dependent on him. so i guess visitor visa will be a good and only option now.

heema

Oct 8, 2014
Hey Vivek,

Thanks for the reply

When I applied for the second time within three days of submission they asked me for medicals.I thought It as a good news. Again within 2 days my passport got couriered to my house rejecting my application. Am still in dilemma that why did they ask me medicals.

And regarding visiting visa, I heard visiting visa's for spouse get rejections. How far is it true ?

How can I satisfy visa officer that I am going to return back to my home country.I have showed my present working letter and a leave sanction letter for about 6 months and property attested by CA. What else can I put :-[

Kindly advise

Wasty

Star Member
Nov 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Express entry
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Done
Hello Heema,
I fully understand how you feel. I have been in your situation before and it feels like the world is against you. God willing, i had my OPW approved by the help of a law firm. If you can afford it, I will advice you to seek a legal assistance because, the lawyer will attach a letter stating that they represent you and they will also state parts of the immigrations acts that qualifies you to be granted the visa based on the circumstances surrounding your case. I think, a second thought is given to an application if they see that it has been thoroughly reviewed by a lawyer before submission. I prepared my application my first time and was refused, and I realized that I made certain mistakes when I was filling the forms. Those were all corrected.
I must warn you, some lawyers will waste a lot of time and charge you big money, so just try to research very well. I know other guys who got approval because they hired lawyers.
I hope it helps.
Visitor visa will not favor you.

heema

Oct 8, 2014
Hey thank you so much for the reply. your reply made me to think in a positive way

My husband spoke to few lawyers last time and I think we did not find the right one

It ill be very help full for us if you can provide details of any good lawyer . Can you please mail me to my ID janarbp@gmail.com

Thank you

vivek4u4me

Star Member
Mar 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO SYDNEY NOVE SCOTIA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 09
Nomination.....
AINP....NOV 27 2015
AOR Received.
March/08/2016
Med's Request
NOV 07 2016
Med's Done....
NOV 08 2016
Interview........
WAITING
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
where your husband in canada. if he is in toronto area. tell him to search for green and spigel in downtown toronto they are expensive but they will take your case if you have any chance.

sonuahmad

Star Member
Jun 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad, Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2014
I added you on skype will talk to you later. I have some Canadian lawyers in my contact list so I can share them with you.