+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open work permit Under Public Policy Timelines

JayaK0909

Star Member
Feb 8, 2021
HELLO, little update:
Since I did not received the 1 month extension letter when I applied (Applied on the 1st of JULY), I sent a message through the IRCC WEBFROM on August 10th. Today I received and email from them, saying the will not answer my questions since is not that important. Quoting:

We will respond to these priority enquiries only:

· Clients in crisis situations (like those affected by the situation in Afghanistan)

· Clients facing vulnerable circumstances (emergency and urgent requests)

· Clients who need to tell us about a change in their circumstances, which has a direct impact on their application (like marriage, birth of a child, or similar)

· Clients who are submitting documents requested by one of our officers

· Changes in contact information

· Requests to withdraw an application or refunds

If your enquiry is NOT one of the priority enquiries listed above, you will not receive a reply.

If you included attachments with your enquiry, rest assured that they will be added to your file shortly.

This answer comes a month after I did the enquiry. They are really out of hands, seems even more than when COVID hit.
I will update if there is any change on my status. So far they have not start reviewing my eligibility. I just hope the give me time to re-apply for a change of status/ work permit with my employer or anything. The delay keeps on growing, is now 85 days ( setting me up for the 24th September).We'll see...
Sorry to hear that. Lets hope for the best!

Kumar25

Jun 19, 2021
Just checked my account now, my application got approved!
Timeline
Applied on : July 9, 2021
Eligibility Review : September 8, 2021
Final Decision/Approval : September 8, 2021

patro

Jul 23, 2020
Just checked my account now, my application got approved!
Timeline
Applied on : July 9, 2021
Eligibility Review : September 8, 2021
Final Decision/Approval : September 8, 2021
congrats!!! i submitted july 6th looks like they skipped hahahah congratulations again