+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open work permit Under Public Policy Timelines

kad09

Aug 2, 2021
Can anyone please explain what are the next steps in case this application is rejected? Like, can I reapply and if so, after how many days and where do I need to be during that period? Any info would be really helpful.

JayaK0909

Star Member
Feb 8, 2021
Can anyone please explain what are the next steps in case this application is rejected? Like, can I reapply and if so, after how many days and where do I need to be during that period? Any info would be really helpful.
your question just gave me anxiety!

SAKTHIVEL1995

Star Member
Aug 18, 2021
I dont think you can reapply under the public policy as the deadline is 27th July.

karpa

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
then after you get invite and you apply.. you can apply for bridging work permit! Until then you can get a visitor visa (I am not sure, I could be wrong.) let’s see what others say!
I am currently and restoration status and waiting for my restoration and OWP to be approved.
I have already applied under CEC in june

Anitsuga

Star Member
Jan 9, 2020
HELLO, little update:
Since I did not received the 1 month extension letter when I applied (Applied on the 1st of JULY), I sent a message through the IRCC WEBFROM on August 10th. Today I received and email from them, saying the will not answer my questions since is not that important. Quoting:

We will respond to these priority enquiries only:

· Clients in crisis situations (like those affected by the situation in Afghanistan)

· Clients facing vulnerable circumstances (emergency and urgent requests)

· Clients who need to tell us about a change in their circumstances, which has a direct impact on their application (like marriage, birth of a child, or similar)

· Clients who are submitting documents requested by one of our officers

· Changes in contact information

· Requests to withdraw an application or refunds

If your enquiry is NOT one of the priority enquiries listed above, you will not receive a reply.

If you included attachments with your enquiry, rest assured that they will be added to your file shortly.

This answer comes a month after I did the enquiry. They are really out of hands, seems even more than when COVID hit.
I will update if there is any change on my status. So far they have not start reviewing my eligibility. I just hope the give me time to re-apply for a change of status/ work permit with my employer or anything. The delay keeps on growing, is now 85 days ( setting me up for the 24th September).We'll see...