+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open work permit Under Public Policy Timelines

DKelly

Feb 9, 2021
No you didn’t do anything wrong. I’m in Alberta. I honestly don’t get how they are processing the applications. I see persons who applied in March getting approved.
I called the ircc and they said everything looks good with the application but I don’t get why it isn’t processed yet.
They said everything looks good but they can’t answer why it’s not approved? I just sent webform to check my application too. Hope they give me answer!

T1793C

Star Member
Feb 26, 2021
They said everything looks good but they can’t answer why it’s not approved? I just sent webform to check my application too. Hope they give me answer!
Yeah, they just told me to wait until it’s approved and they can’t provide timelines. My eligibility review hasn’t even started

Reactions: soccer_007

Patelkomal

Feb 13, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
20-08-2020
AOR Received.
03-11-2020
Med's Done....
14-12-2020
I sent the docs via Webform about 10 days ago and I just got a GU in my wife's and mine application. I hope it means they added the docs to the applications. No confirmation for far.
thank you for reply

Patelkomal

Feb 13, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
20-08-2020
AOR Received.
03-11-2020
Med's Done....
14-12-2020
My applications for extension (of current valid permits) have just been approved on portal.
Applied: Mar 1
Approval: Mar 16
1 dependent
Congratulations.
Hope I will get soon

sponsort

Jun 14, 2018
thank you for reply
By the way, my spouse's OWP was approved without my letter of employment and pay slips that we sent via webform. I got to know this because we received an email from an IRCC agent coincidently on the same day saying that she didnt apply the docs to my spouse's application because a decision had already been made (approval)

harishkulkarnicanada

Jan 26, 2021
By the way, my spouse's OWP was approved without my letter of employment and pay slips that we sent via webform. I got to know this because we received an email from an IRCC agent coincidently on the same day saying that she didnt apply the docs to my spouse's application because a decision had already been made (approval)
Does that mean employment letter and pay slips are not mandatory while applying for SOWP?:rolleyes:

Patelkomal

Feb 13, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
20-08-2020
AOR Received.
03-11-2020
Med's Done....
14-12-2020
My applications for extension (of current valid permits) have just been approved on portal.
Applied: Mar 1
Approval: Mar 16
1 dependent
[/
thank you for reply
I have sent additional documents through web forms after 4 days of application submission.

Patelkomal

Feb 13, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
20-08-2020
AOR Received.
03-11-2020
Med's Done....
14-12-2020
I have sent additional documents through web forms after 4 days of application submission. No response from IRCC still they have received documents or not

jaylee0379

May 14, 2020
hi, guys. I have a quick question. I submitted an application yesterday, then realized that I did not include a 'letter that says you're applying for an open work permit under the Public Policy Facilitating the Issuance of an Open Work Permit to Former or... ', which is stated on the canada.ca webapge.

I assume this was something that I needed to submit under 'Optional Documents.'

should we submit this letter? would I get just a regular 6-month open work permit otherwise?
any help would be appreciated.

sponsort

Jun 14, 2018
hi, guys. I have a quick question. I submitted an application yesterday, then realized that I did not include a 'letter that says you're applying for an open work permit under the Public Policy Facilitating the Issuance of an Open Work Permit to Former or... ', which is stated on the canada.ca webapge.

I assume this was something that I needed to submit under 'Optional Documents.'

should we submit this letter? would I get just a regular 6-month open work permit otherwise?
any help would be appreciated.
I believe this can lead to refusal of your application (there are some cases in some treads of this forum). I advice you to send it via webform and hope they accept it.