+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open work permit Under Public Policy Timelines

Sam2412

Feb 5, 2021
Hi guys,

I had PGWP until December 09, 2020 and I applied and got my BOWP approved last week for one year. However by the time this policy was announced, I already had applied for BOWP so I didn't do anything.

Now can I apply for this public policy permit just to get the longer duration of 18 months rather than 12 months of BOWP? Anyone on the same boat?

Rishita

Star Member
May 12, 2018
Hi guys,

I had PGWP until December 09, 2020 and I applied and got my BOWP approved last week for one year. However by the time this policy was announced, I already had applied for BOWP so I didn't do anything.

Now can I apply for this public policy permit just to get the longer duration of 18 months rather than 12 months of BOWP? Anyone on the same boat?
Did the same thing. Bowp not processed yet-applied 17th nov, pgwp extension new policy applied-6th feb-still on process

Reactions: soccer_007

DKelly

Feb 9, 2021
Anyone received approval today? I saw one person got rejected who applied on 11th feb due to not attaching the explanation letter
Really? Were we supposed to attach explanation letter? I didn’t see that.. I didn’t attached any explanation letter... hmmm

sponsort

Jun 14, 2018
Really? Were we supposed to attach explanation letter? I didn’t see that.. I didn’t attached any explanation letter... hmmm
Upload the correct documents
You need to include the documents listed in your application, including

• a letter that says you’re applying for an open work permit under the Public Policy Facilitating the Issuance of an Open Work Permit to Former or Current Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) Holders
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/students/pgwp-extend.html

T1793C

Star Member
Feb 26, 2021
anyone receiving approval?have they paused to give pgwp extension? Not seeing any approvals for a while
It seems that way, haven’t seen much approval.
I applied feb 10 with restoration. I’ve seen someone who applied on feb27 and they got an approval today.

Reactions: Rishita

mma18

May 8, 2018
App submitted: Jan 27, 2020

Is this OWP faster than regular OWP?
Does anyone who got theirs in under a month?
hi. Luckily we got approved very fast. We applied January, medical February 8 got approved feb 16. I hope all of you will get the approval soon.

Reactions: soccer_007

PillaresEXIMLLP

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
I was told to restore even though I am technically on implied status due to a pending visitor extension application. So I chose to restore.

The restoration fees will be refunded once the visitor application gets approved. I heard they are approving both at the same time. Visitor for 3 months and OWP for 18.
Hey did you receive any response?

I have a similar case I applied for visitor visa extension on 2 September and Work permit on 29th September haven received any response yet...

What date did you apply for both visitor extension and work permit

PillaresEXIMLLP

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
Who told you to restore even though you're technically on implied status due to a pending visitor extension application? I'm on implied status and expired PGWP last Sept too and I called CIC and they said I can just apply to PGWP under a new policy without any additional form. I'm worried that my application could be rejected.
also when you input correct dates it won't let you process the application until you select restoration