+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open work permit Under Public Policy Timelines

coolgal

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
Received two updates today(one for the visitor and other for the owp). Yes, Sunday at about 3am Eastern time. I applied on Feb 8th. I won't be surprised if foreign visa offices are handling this owp program.

Reactions: DKelly

simon1218

Feb 10, 2021
Received two updates today(one for the visitor and other for the owp). Yes, Sunday at about 3am Eastern time. I applied on Feb 8th. I won't be surprised if foreign visa offices are handling this owp program.
Congrats, when did you apply for visitor?

Sweet jesus

Star Member
May 21, 2020
Hello pls What did you fill up in the form for current status ?

ajisha18

Star Member
Jul 2, 2020
Hi everyone,
My PGWP expires on June 27,2021.. I have already applied for PR on May 19,2020 and it’s still in progress.. My spouse has OWP expires on the same day as mine June 27,2021... Now I am eligible to apply for both BOWP or PGWP Extension( I prefer PGWP extension as it has a validity of 18 months and its independent of PR)
Can you please suggest which one to apply and can I add my spouse as well in my PGWP extension application ?
If I can apply, what are the documents I need to provide them ?
Note: I am in NOC A level job for more than 2 years now.

coolgal

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
Hello pls What did you fill up in the form for current status ?
I was told to restore even though I am technically on implied status due to a pending visitor extension application. So I chose to restore.

The restoration fees will be refunded once the visitor application gets approved. I heard they are approving both at the same time. Visitor for 3 months and OWP for 18.

coolgal

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
Hi everyone,
My PGWP expires on June 27,2021.. I have already applied for PR on May 19,2020 and it’s still in progress.. My spouse has OWP expires on the same day as mine June 27,2021... Now I am eligible to apply for both BOWP or PGWP Extension( I prefer PGWP extension as it has a validity of 18 months and its independent of PR)
Can you please suggest which one to apply and can I add my spouse as well in my PGWP extension application ?
Just follow the Come to Canada tool. They will setup your document checklist based on your answers.

meeroz

Sep 12, 2018
Toronto
Category........
Other
Hi everyone,
Follow this link
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/students/pgwp-extend.htmlollow this link

DKelly

Feb 9, 2021
I applied on Feb 10.

My previous PGWP was already expired on Sep 2020. Hope it doesn’t affect to the processing time..because I heard some people still have valid PGWP got a temporary 2months visa after applying few days later. but I haven’t got anything yet..

coolgal

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
I applied on Feb 10.

My previous PGWP was already expired on Sep 2020. Hope it doesn’t affect to the processing time..because I heard some people still have valid PGWP got a temporary 2months visa after applying few days later. but I haven’t got anything yet..
Mine too expired in Sept. I received two updates early morning eastern time today. Hoping for some good news over the next 2-3days.