+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open work permit Under Public Policy Timelines

simon1218

Feb 10, 2021
Hey guys, I need your help with ny application for open work permit extension under public policy.

So my pgwp got expired in May 2020 and i have applied for visitor visa in March 2020.

Currently I am living in canada under visitor visa and I have applied for Open work permit extension under public policy.

I haven't applied for restoration but for extention.

what you guys think if i submitted right application or have to submit again?
I don't think restoration is required if you already applied Vistor Visa. My PGWP got expired last September and I applied Visitor Visa and it's still pending. I called CIC before I applied WP under a new policy and they said I'm eligible to apply.

Reactions: Abhaygarg

Nsn359

Star Member
Feb 6, 2020
Applied on January 27th 2021 but still no update on my file as well. After a ghost update I didn't received anything in my CIC account. Kind of frustrating

Nsn359

Star Member
Feb 6, 2020
Ghost update is nothing but.. status of your application changes to "application/profile updated" but nothing is changed when you click that. It means some VO is working on your profile and when you get this ghost update within 24-48hrs you will get your approval letters.

Reactions: JayFM

Nsn359

Star Member
Feb 6, 2020
Ghost update is nothing but.. status of your application changes to "application/profile updated" but nothing is changed when you click that. It means some VO is working on your profile and when you get this ghost update within 24-48hrs you will get your approval letters.
I got this ghost update last Sunday .. till date I haven't heard anything from CIC.

Reactions: JayFM

JayFM

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
Wow ... didn't know that thanks for the info, hope everything works out for you!