+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open work permit to visitors visa

FGN_8

May 30, 2021
Hi, all. I have applied for my PGWP sometime in early June with student visa extensions for my children and a visitors visa for my husband.

He is actually an OWP holder with our visas all expiring as of July 12. My question is, I understand that us 3 (myself and mg children) are on implied status and I was under the impression that so will my husband. Therefore he can continue working.

However I was advised that because he applied for a visitors visa, he cannot work past the expired date of his OWP.

Please advise. Can he continue working as an implied status until we get a decision? Please also include link of source as his employer is also inquiring if he can continue working or not.

*** we applied for a visitors visa for him due to my work, as it is considered a NOC C, therefore he is not qualified for a SOWP extension***

Thank you!

Last edited:

Briann

Apr 1, 2022
While all visitors in Canada can apply for an employer-specific work permit under the public policy, only those who held a work permit in the last 12 months may request interim authorization to work.