+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open work permit to closed work permit- implied status question.

naziae

Jun 19, 2012
Can someone help ease my mind here? I was on an open work permit which expired on June 30th 2012 and i applied to extend my work permit to a specific employer. My question is now that I am on implied status can I work for another employer while waiting for my new work permit?
In case people are confused I work in an OSC program as a supported child care worker. The OSC which runs on a school calendar from sept to june (it is also the job I have applied for a closed work permit with). The child I work with in OSC is going to a summer camp run by a different employer than the OSC (as the OSC does not have a summer camp) and they have asked me to come work with the child while I wait for my new closed work permit. Can I do this? Or would it be better for me to do it on a volunteer basis as they can not hire someone else to fill the job as the child is already used to me and does not like change.
After the summer I will be working with the employer stated on my new work permit as the child will be going back to the OSC during the school year. Any help please?