+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open work permit to closed one

Heartbeat1425

Mar 14, 2019
Hi dears
I have applied for open work permit as my wife got job offer and we applied together and already approved for visa but still did not travel to Canada.
Now I got job offer as well in health care services. How can I change my application from open work permit to closed one and should I pay another fees since I paid already for open work permit ?
Thank you

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi dears
I have applied for open work permit as my wife got job offer and we applied together and already approved for visa but still did not travel to Canada.
Now I got job offer as well in health care services. How can I change my application from open work permit to closed one and should I pay another fees since I paid already for open work permit ?
Thank you
Why would you want to do that? Far better to have the OWP.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Because open work permit dose not allow you to work in healthcare services like hospital etc
Neither will a closed one unless you complete the medical examination. Better to undergo a medical examination now and ask for the restriction on the OWP to be lifted.

Heartbeat1425

Mar 14, 2019
Neither will a closed one unless you complete the medical examination. Better to undergo a medical examination now and ask for the restriction on the OWP to be lifted.
Thank you for the suggestion.
I have applied online and no option to change or to upload new document now. This means I have to open a new application and pay again.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Because open work permit dose not allow you to work in healthcare services like hospital etc
Nothing to do with an open or closed permit. As said above, it depends on a medical being done.

Do the medical at least a few weeks before you come to Canada. When you enter, explain to CBSA that you did the medical and ask for the OWP to be issued without the restriction. It is an amendment, so you may have to pay again.