+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open Work Permit - Suggestion Needed

rajacac2022

May 20, 2022
Hi All, My Spouse has Work Permit and I have Visitor permit stamped with validity till November 2024, however I applied for open work permit during November 2021. As I did not get approval, I got my tickets for Canada for 1st week of June 2022. Suddenly today, May 20th I got a notification from IRCC about the approval of my open work permit, asking for my passport submission. Just in 2 weeks I am travelling, is it necessary to get the passport stamped with Work Permit Visa or once I reach Canada I can take a Open Work Permit?

sudubey

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
Hi All, My Spouse has Work Permit and I have Visitor permit stamped with validity till November 2024, however I applied for open work permit during November 2021. As I did not get approval, I got my tickets for Canada for 1st week of June 2022. Suddenly today, May 20th I got a notification from IRCC about the approval of my open work permit, asking for my passport submission. Just in 2 weeks I am travelling, is it necessary to get the passport stamped with Work Permit Visa or once I reach Canada I can take a Open Work Permit?
If your application is approved, my guess at port of entry on visitor visa, they can give WP.

Akad

May 22, 2022
If you're inside Canada, I believe you can get it by doing flagpoling. Go to nearest CA-U.S. border, tell the U.S. checkpoint that you're flagpoling to apply work permit at Canada side (you don't need to have U.S. visa for this purpose, but you must have valid entry visa for Canada) and after taking flagpoling paper from them go to Canada side border to apply for your SOWP.

rajacac2022

May 20, 2022
If your application is approved, my guess at port of entry on visitor visa, they can give WP.
so with the current TRV visa stamped start with Vxxxxxxxx, and PPR letter has Wxxxxxxxx - still I can travel and get the work permit in the port of entry?

rajacac2022

May 20, 2022
If you're inside Canada, I believe you can get it by doing flagpoling. Go to nearest CA-U.S. border, tell the U.S. checkpoint that you're flagpoling to apply work permit at Canada side (you don't need to have U.S. visa for this purpose, but you must have valid entry visa for Canada) and after taking flagpoling paper from them go to Canada side border to apply for your SOWP.
for Outside of Canada travelling in June 9th