+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open Work Permit rejected twice

Cotton_Candy

Feb 24, 2016
My OWP has been rejected for the second time. The first time I applied from India, offline mode through VFS, the reason for rejection was:
1) length of proposed stay in Canada
2) you do not meet the eligibility criteria for a work permit

My husband is a full time student in Humber college and I'm eligible for an Open work permit, so I was really confused. So I took the advice of many people and used immigration lawyers from Niren Associates,Toronto...made strong cover letters along with sufficient funds, and all the necessary documents to apply for the second time. But again, my application has been rejected stating the reason:
1) not satisfied with relationship.

this is the only reason and no other reason was mentioned in the CIC decision letter.

I have showed our marriage & reception photos, photos taken together in foreign trips, facebook chats, marriage certificate etc. What else can I show as a proof of relationship now that I'm planning to apply for the third time?

My husband will be applying for GCMS notes today to see the specific reasons for rejection and I think he will receive the notes within 30 days.

We got married in November 2014 and my husband left to Canada in September 2015. I understand that we stayed together only for a short period of time and the VO doesn't believe in short courtships like this one. How can I make my case stronger when I apply for the third time?

Also, when we applied the addresses in our passports were different. My husband had the address of his hometown, as his passport was an old one. Could this be a reason as well?

Should I apply for a OWP again or a Temporary Resident Visa? Please help me. Thank you.

Cotton_Candy

Feb 24, 2016
1) yes, I have added my husband's name in my passport. But my husband's passport had an old address and did not include my name as the spouse when we applied.

2) Also, I have not changed my surname after my marriage and I still use my father's name in all the documents including my passport. In my passport, my husband's name is mentioned only in the "name of the spouse" column. It is not my surname. I hope I'm not confusing you too much here!

anu2788

May 20, 2015
1) yes, I have added my husband's name in my passport. But my husband's passport had an old address and did not include my name as the spouse when we applied.

I guess he should also add your name in spouse details , that would be very strong document to show your relationship with your husband.Have you showed your Marriage certificate ?

2) Also, I have not changed my surname after my marriage and I still use my father's name in all the documents including my passport. In my passport, my husband's name is mentioned only in the "name of the spouse" column. It is not my surname. I hope I'm not confusing you too much here!

I don't think surname would be the issue.

Wait for GCMS notes , they might state the real reason of rejection.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
anu2788 said:
Are you saying that he did not include your name as his spouse in his study permit application?