PNP
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-02-2018
Med's Request
28-05-2018
Med's Done....
15-06-2018
i am family sponsorship outland. I came canada on visitor visa while my pr application was in process. i applied my open work permit which was refused today. i am in queued for virtual landing. i already submitted my picture and address. i am waiting for ecopr. i am in canada on visitor visa and my stay in canada will expire on 28-12-2023.

My refusal is

This letter refers to your application for a Work Permit.

Based on your application and accompanying documentation that you have provided, I have carefully considered all information and I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. Your application as requested is therefore refused.

To be issued an open Work Permit (WP) you must be currently in Canada and have submitted an application for Permanent Residence (PR) as the principal applicant under the spouse or common-law partner in Canada (SCLPC) class in Canada.

You have failed to meet the eligibility requirements for an SCLPC open Work Permit because your application for Permanent Residence under the spouse or common-law partner in Canada (SCLPC) class was submitted overseas. For further details on eligibility requirements please see our website at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/admissibility/open.asp .

[X] Your status in Canada is valid until 2023/12/28.

please guide me what should i do.

Andc

Sep 16, 2023
You are not eligible for a work permit because you did not apply for an "Inland Sponsorship". You submitted an Outland application, from outside Canada. You then decided to come to Canada as a visitor and do a virtual landing, which is ok, however that doesn't mean that your application became an Inland application; it is still an application filed outside of Canada (Outland).
As to what you should do: Nothing. Hang tight and wait to receive your eCoPR. Once it's issued, you are a permanent resident.

Reactions: T0pubo and alk0494

alk0494

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
winnipeg
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-02-2018
Med's Request
28-05-2018
Med's Done....
15-06-2018
yes, you are right. can i apply for visitor record.

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
You are not eligible for a work permit because you did not apply for an "Inland Sponsorship". You submitted an Outland application, from outside Canada. You then decided to come to Canada as a visitor and do a virtual landing, which is ok, however that doesn't mean that your application became an Inland application; it is still an application filed outside of Canada (Outland).
As to what you should do: Nothing. Hang tight and wait to receive your eCoPR. Once it's issued, you are a permanent resident.
That's a complete misinformation. The requirements to be inland applicant was removed which is clearly stated in the eligibility requirements

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
i am family sponsorship outland. I came canada on visitor visa while my pr application was in process. i applied my open work permit which was refused today. i am in queued for virtual landing. i already submitted my picture and address. i am waiting for ecopr. i am in canada on visitor visa and my stay in canada will expire on 28-12-2023.

My refusal is

Based on your application and accompanying documentation that you have provided, I have carefully considered all information and I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. Your application as requested is therefore refused.

To be issued an open Work Permit (WP) you must be currently in Canada and have submitted an application for Permanent Residence (PR) as the principal applicant under the spouse or common-law partner in Canada (SCLPC) class in Canada.

You have failed to meet the eligibility requirements for an SCLPC open Work Permit because your application for Permanent Residence under the spouse or common-law partner in Canada (SCLPC) class was submitted overseas. For further details on eligibility requirements please see our website at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/admissibility/open.asp .

Have followed this guide to apply including selecting right options as to indicating
  • I am applying for an open work permit under an active public policy or pilot program announced by IRCC.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/spouse-partner-children/spouse-common-law-partner-canada-open-work-permit.html

perhaps you selected wrong option?

HTS_QC

Dec 4, 2022
On your tracker, what address is shown? Canada or original address where you were living when you submitted the application?

Reason I am asking is that, although IRCC had acknowledged my webform to update the address, they didn't update my contact details on the tracker until I called them. Maybe that could be the issue?

T0pubo

Dec 11, 2021
St. John's/Montreal
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-11-2021
Doc's Request.
14-03-2022
AOR Received.
14-04-2022
Med's Done....
03-11-2021
Hi, what was your time-line?

My refusal is