+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open work permit refused (inland)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks, i read the info and it says the following (for medical exam)
If you plan to stay for more than 6 months
You need a medical exam if at least one of these applies to you:

She has been here since last Sep 2022 and never left. So she doesn't require medical exam.. anyway.. thanks for your help
If she is working with children, she needs a medical. Click on the third bullet link.

T0t0r0

Star Member
Jun 13, 2023
Hello,

Just wanted to ask what you guys did. I just received a refusal for my OWP extension under my spouse PGWP. I currently have a PR application and still waiting for a decision.
Did you appply for restoration? Please advise.
Thanks

LartLM

Star Member
Dec 8, 2021
Hello,

Just wanted to ask what you guys did. I just received a refusal for my OWP extension under my spouse PGWP. I currently have a PR application and still waiting for a decision.
Did you appply for restoration? Please advise.
Thanks
what was the reason for refusal?

T0t0r0

Star Member
Jun 13, 2023
what was the reason for refusal?

[X] After considering all the circumstances of your case, it has been determined that you are not
a person whose employment will create or maintain significant employment, benefits or
opportunities for Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
You have not provided sufficient evidence to prove that your spouse is employed in any
occupation that falls within the National Occupation Classification Skill levels. You may be
eligible to re-apply for a work permit if you are able to provide proof that your spouse is a skilled
worker in Canada, which may include a letter from your spouse’s employer, stating his/her job
title, duties, and salary. If you cannot prove that your spouse is in a skilled occupation, your
application for a work permit cannot be approved without a Labour Market Impact Assessment
from Employment and Social Development Canada.

LartLM

Star Member
Dec 8, 2021
[X] After considering all the circumstances of your case, it has been determined that you are not
a person whose employment will create or maintain significant employment, benefits or
You have not provided sufficient evidence to prove that your spouse is employed in any
occupation that falls within the National Occupation Classification Skill levels. You may be
eligible to re-apply for a work permit if you are able to provide proof that your spouse is a skilled
worker in Canada, which may include a letter from your spouse’s employer, stating his/her job
title, duties, and salary. If you cannot prove that your spouse is in a skilled occupation, your
application for a work permit cannot be approved without a Labour Market Impact Assessment
Did you not provide any employment info? what documents did you provide

A_Waris

Star Member
Oct 24, 2023
I applied with my wife's documents (letter of employment, paystubs, contract) and got my permit approved. Best of luck to you, try that

T0t0r0

Star Member
Jun 13, 2023
Did you not provide any employment info? what documents did you provide

We provided the documents needed. I am not sure if it is because the declared job when he applied for PGWP was a shift manager of a fast food chain and had only few hours scheduled per week. So what I did was I sent all the jobs my husband had PSW permanent part-time for two companies and the shift manager job. added all the COE and pay stubs plus sent an explanation letter indication that he is in TEER 3 and 2 plus the NOC codes of each job.

T0t0r0

Star Member
Jun 13, 2023
I applied with my wife's documents (letter of employment, paystubs, contract) and got my permit approved. Best of luck to you, try that

Thank you! Congratulations to you. Were you also refused and stopped working? Hoe soon were you able to receive an update? I just forwarded everything this morning and very anxious waiting. Do you also have an application for PR Pending and did your wife's PGWP got approved already?

A_Waris

Star Member
Oct 24, 2023
Thank you! Congratulations to you. Were you also refused and stopped working? Hoe soon were you able to receive an update? I just forwarded everything this morning and very anxious waiting. Do you also have an application for PR Pending and did your wife's PGWP got approved already?
Yes, i was refused and had to stop immediately. And once my application got accepted, I started working. Legally you are not allowed to work if permit is refused. I don't have any PR application

LartLM

Star Member
Dec 8, 2021
We provided the documents needed. I am not sure if it is because the declared job when he applied for PGWP was a shift manager of a fast food chain and had only few hours scheduled per week. So what I did was I sent all the jobs my husband had PSW permanent part-time for two companies and the shift manager job. added all the COE and pay stubs plus sent an explanation letter indication that he is in TEER 3 and 2 plus the NOC codes of each job.
I believe the job has to be full time?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I don’t think so… the requirement did not indicate any. but he has 2 permanent part time and one part time job that is more than full time work hours per month.
Doesn’t technically have full-time but working a few hours a week may not be enough to show that the primary applicant is working enough to justify awarding the other spouse an OWP based on their spouse’s employment.

T0t0r0

Star Member
Jun 13, 2023
As I’ve said, he has 3 jobs and hours of work and pay is more than what a full time work can actually make. Anyway I’ve added all documents to support it, perhaps that was what they needed. Because during the first application, only one job was attached as proof of employment. Hopefully, it gets approved…
just wondering how soon were you able to receive approval after your application.