+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open work permit question. Sharing my experience too.

daymiel

Apr 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We all know that there is a moratorium on the tfw in the food service sector and certain noc codes. I just want to share my experience. My buddy and i just recieved our lmo 3 days ago with noc code 0621 as an automotive service manager and went to the border to apply for a new one. It was the longest 2 hours of my life but it was worth it. However my buddy never got his old work permit back and was not allowed to work for the old employer anymore. On the other hand, i got my old work permit and was allowed to work 2 more weeks as long as i surrender my old one to service canada in edmonton.

Now here where it gets tricky. My noc code in my old work permit is 0621 "customer service manager", my wife is in the philippines and got an entry visa for an open work permit. My problem is she will come to canada on june 2. I dont know if she will have problems in immigration at the POE. My immigration consultant told me that she should be ok because my new work permit is skilled. Anyone have any ideas?