+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open Work Permit (OWP)

matetski

Nov 4, 2011
Hi there! I have a concern about the processing of my application. I dont know what is going on in the processing time of OWP. My application already 14mos. Before the anniversary date of my application, i phone the call center to inquire the Lady answered me, "It takes 11-12 mos. After a year of my application I phoned again, They said, the processing is 13-14mos. My application is on 15th mos this Month. My friend received her OWP a while ago. We both filled our application at the same time. I phone again the call center for follow-up because im expexting mine either. But, the lady said its 18mos for the processing! I dont have any idea when i can received the approval of my OWP because everytime i phoned to ask they adding months for the processing. Is there any way that i know what is the status of my appliation? Please let know. I am hoping for your positive response. Thank you and God Bless! :)

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
hi if you have client i.d. # you can check your application online. Go to cic website and look for "i need to..." then enter your information.
You sound like waiting for you owp of a live in caregiver. You can read more about the waiting time at the other forum "foreign worker"

matetski

Nov 4, 2011
You sound like waiting for you owp of a live in caregiver. You can read more about the waiting time at the other forum "foreign worker"
Thank you so much wsongco for your reply. Yeah you are right that i am waiting for my OWP under LCP. I always check my application online but there is no updated status in my record. But y my friend she received hers already? Im pretty upset :( my application is turning 15mos. Im so worried that much!

D

dottorre

On the subject of Open Work Permits;

I am applying inland for Residency as a spouse, and was wandering how and when I would be able to get the open work permit option? Thanks to anyone who reads and/or replies.

Do I have to apply separately for the permit or dose it just gets sent to me when they deem that I am allowed to have it? If I do have to apply separately do I send a separate form with my Residency forms or wait for them to tell me I can apply?

I am aware it takes time, but if there is a way I make life easier for myself then fantastic.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
dottorre said:
On the subject of Open Work Permits;

I am applying inland for Residency as a spouse, and was wandering how and when I would be able to get the open work permit option? Thanks to anyone who reads and/or replies.

Do I have to apply separately for the permit or dose it just gets sent to me when they deem that I am allowed to have it? If I do have to apply separately do I send a separate form with my Residency forms or wait for them to tell me I can apply?

I am aware it takes time, but if there is a way I make life easier for myself then fantastic.
If you are applying inland, then you must include the application for an Open Work Permit with your original sponsorship application package. The OWP will be approved once you receive first stage approval. First stage approval currently takes 11-12 months.

If you are applying outland, then an open work permit is not available. You will be allowed to work once the process has been completed, you have been approved as a PR and you have landed in Canada.

D

dottorre

Thanks for clearing that up for me,

I tend to get lost in all the paperwork

Thanks again

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
@matetski have you tried calling CIC hotline 18882422100 press option 1 2 7 then enter ur client id and yr of birth. You may hear automatic voice message about status of ur owp. Let me know the results ok.

saqi244

Dec 16, 2011
hi, I am doing MSc research in geological sciences from Durham University UK, almost I will complete in june,2012. i have a 4 yrs bachelor degree in petroleum and gas engineering from U.E.T Lahore Pakistan. I have my fiancee in Pakistan. She recently completed her 4 yrs bachelor degree in telecom engineering. Now we want to go at Canada. which category suits us best. no one of us has work experience of 1 yrs as for no study gap we have until now.i don't know what we should do..one case is that she could apply for msc degree on study visa and i should go with her as a dependent (spouse). I will have much chances of getting open work permit...now what will happen when she completed her msc..???/ i don't know..pls suggest an optimized case for us ..furthermore, tell me please which country we should file a visa...from UK or from pak..which suits best..and when we both get married.?..does it affect on our visa....