+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open Work Permit (OWP) Confusion

loeleo

Jan 15, 2019
Hi all,

My husband and I submitted his inland PR application + OWP on December 10th 2019.
We've received and AOR for the PR and linked his PR application online.

We haven't received any news about his OWP but I recently was able to link it to the online account as well.
However, I now realize that the "date received" under his OWP says December 5th. How can this be since we hadn't even submitted it yet?

I'm pretty confused as to what's going on.. could it just be a mistake?

Any info would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi all,

My husband and I submitted his inland PR application + OWP on December 10th 2019.

We haven't received any news about his OWP but I recently was able to link it to the online account as well.
However, I now realize that the "date received" under his OWP says December 5th. How can this be since we hadn't even submitted it yet?

Thanks!
Simple error.

straightdrive

May 23, 2015
Hi all,

Thanks!
I think it is the date you created the barcode pages for your OWP application. It was the same for me too. I might be wrong in interpreting but this was what I could come up with.

loeleo

Jan 15, 2019
Ahh right, that could make sense. Thanks for the speedy responses!
I feel less concerned about it now:)