+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OPEN WORK PERMIT OR NEW LMO ???

matt-mas

Oct 2, 2013
Hello to all,
My name is Matthew im Italian executive chef, I entered in Canada 5 months ago with work permit for 2 years under sponsors, unfortunately I ended up in a really bad place and i prefere to left the job. I find other place intreested in me but nobody wants to pay the costs of a new lmo , less wait a long time for this process .
You think I have the right to apply for a new open work permit ? If i dont find a new sponsor ?
Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

matt-mas said:
Hello to all,
My name is Matthew im Italian executive chef, I entered in Canada 5 months ago with work permit for 2 years under sponsors, unfortunately I ended up in a really bad place and i prefere to left the job. I find other place intreested in me but nobody wants to pay the costs of a new lmo , less wait a long time for this process .
You think I have the right to apply for a new open work permit ? If i dont find a new sponsor ?
Thanks
1. From what you said, you don't qualify for an open work permit.
2. You need, new employer, new LMO and then new work permit prior to starting work.
3. If you are under 35 you could apply for International Experience Canada, when it opens in January, but that would only give you a 6 month open work permit.