+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open Work Permit Lawyer

qlwkej1

Sep 23, 2013
Hello.
I have a Canadian student visa, and I'm going to move to Canada with my partner soon. I am going to support my partner in order to get open work permit, and now I'm searching several lawyers to proceed CIC application. Of course, I heard that many people do not recommend hiring lawyer to proceed any application because I can do that myself, but I think I also consider hiring a lawyer because my partner and I have to think about several issues such as proof of our relationship, and etc.
So, is there anyone who hires a lawyer to proceed open work permit application? if there is, please share any opinions or cost of lawyers.
I need everyone's help if you can share any opinion or answer my questions.
Thank you ! :)

(By the way, is it weird that asking about costs of legal service before getting lawyer's consultation? I asked that and some lawyers could answer, but most of the lawyers say I have to get consultation at first. :) )

vermanaman

Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qlwkej1 said:
Hello.
I have a Canadian student visa, and I'm going to move to Canada with my partner soon. I am going to support my partner in order to get open work permit, and now I'm searching several lawyers to proceed CIC application. Of course, I heard that many people do not recommend hiring lawyer to proceed any application because I can do that myself, but I think I also consider hiring a lawyer because my partner and I have to think about several issues such as proof of our relationship, and etc.
So, is there anyone who hires a lawyer to proceed open work permit application? if there is, please share any opinions or cost of lawyers.

(By the way, is it weird that asking about costs of legal service before getting lawyer's consultation? I asked that and some lawyers could answer, but most of the lawyers say I have to get consultation at first. :) )
I dont know any lawyers...but I want to know...are you looking for Immigration Lawyers or Immigration Consultants?

Immigration consultants will help and guide you in your application - will cost about 500$ atleast.

Immigration lawyer have the power to represent you in the court of law if required for your application - Will cost in thousands :p

ajay93

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qlwkej1 said:
Hello.

What i wil suggest is that you can even try to search representative with ICCRC registered members .which is safer .Cus if any thing goes wrong you will be in a legal position to solve the matter.
Best of luck. :)

qlwkej1

Sep 23, 2013
vermanaman said:
I dont know any lawyers...but I want to know...are you looking for Immigration Lawyers or Immigration Consultants?

Immigration consultants will help and guide you in your application - will cost about 500$ atleast.

Immigration lawyer have the power to represent you in the court of law if required for your application - Will cost in thousands :p
Thank you for your reply. I prefer immigration lawyer to immigration consultants because that reason you told me. (Of course, I don't want to make that kind of situation.) Some lawyers told me about $2000.

qlwkej1

Sep 23, 2013
ajay93 said:
What i wil suggest is that you can even try to search representative with ICCRC registered members .which is safer .Cus if any thing goes wrong you will be in a legal position to solve the matter.
Best of luck. :)
Thank you very much. It is very helpful website. Few months ago, in fact, I visited the website and I could avoid a consultant who has a expired certificate. :) By the way, do you know any website that I am able to find lawyers' ratings? or other information? I think it is also important to check immigration lawyer's profile, experience, and any other information.

ajay93

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi , iam extreamely sorry but i dont have any informtion on this.
But for sure there are seniors in this fórum who could help you just , try questioning in other category. :)

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qlwkej1 said:
Hello.

Hi,

Welcome to this amazing place! You will find many people here that all want to help you!

I am one of the new members here, but I've learned quite a bit and will share my thoughts regarding your questions:

Since you state that you have a Canadian student visa, where are you from?
Where is your partner from?
Do you have a permanent resident application already in process?
I'm not sure what you mean by `support my sponsor in order to get OWP'.

If your partner is not a citizen or PR of Canada, s/he will not be able to sponsor you under the family class (spouse, or common-law partner). If you are not a citizen or Permanent resident of Canada, you cannot be a sponsor to your partner. If you and your partner are not married, have you lived together [anywhere] for 12 months continuously...and CAN YOU PROVE IT?! If so, you might qualify under the common-law sponsorship program, but one of you has to already be a Canadian citizen or PR (over 5 years) . If so, you would need to wait ~11 months (after sending in the application) before s/he would receive the OWP and would only receive it if you were approved, but...I don't see how you could be a sponsor at all.

If not, then I don't know how you can even begin the process to obtain the OWP for your partner. As far as I know, there's nothing that an immigration lawyer or consultant can do to expedite the process, so you might consider gathering as much information as you can and doing it yourself. There's no reason why you shouldn't at least request a free consultation to find out what would be your best way to proceed.