+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open Work Permit Information Needed

Nov 25, 2019
Hi,

I, Sharmistha,am working profession in India, am planning to appear for IELTS in coming January. My plan is to get valid job offer before moving to Canada.

But I am really very confused that should I apply for PR or Open Work permit. As per fees structure for both immigration plan, I would like to go for open work permit as it involves less amount of money as per my research.

Can anybody help me with complete eligibility, process and fees difference for both PR or Open Work permit?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

I, Sharmistha,am working profession in India, am planning to appear for IELTS in coming January. My plan is to get valid job offer before moving to Canada.

But I am really very confused that should I apply for PR or Open Work permit. As per fees structure for both immigration plan, I would like to go for open work permit as it involves less amount of money as per my research.

Can anybody help me with complete eligibility, process and fees difference for both PR or Open Work permit?
It is next to impossible to get a job offer in Canada.

You can't just apply for an Open Work Permit. There are only issued in very specific situations.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada.html

Nov 25, 2019
Thank you. Please help me with another information.

What would be the exact salary structure(After tax deduction) of a Bank Teller in Canada?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Thank you. Please help me with another information.

What would be the exact salary structure(After tax deduction) of a Bank Teller in Canada?
Do a Google search and you can find out but average gross seems to be approx 33k CAN or 15-16 CAN an hour.

Chances of getting a teller job from outside Canada are absolute zero.

Nov 25, 2019
Do a Google search and you can find out biut average iseems to be approx 33k CAN
I did lot of searches. What I require is I want information from somebody who is currently working as Bank Teller in Canada from whom I can understand the exact salary structure.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I did lot of searches. What I require is I want information from somebody who is currently working as Bank Teller in Canada from whom I can understand the exact salary structure.
There really is no point in asking this question, as you have no chance of obtaining a bank teller job from outside Canada.

Focus on qualifying to immigrate.

Nov 25, 2019
There really is no point in asking this question, as you have no chance of obtaining a bank teller job from outside Canada.

Focus on qualifying to immigrate.
Ok thank you. Am I eligible for Open Work Permit? How to apply for that? So that we can get valid job offer from outside Canada.

Nov 25, 2019
Good luck with that although assume you know that bank teller job is possibly not considered a skilled occupation as far as PR is concerned.

https://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/Profile.aspx?val=0&val1=1434&ver=16
ok. I was not aware of this information. Actually, My husband is having 5-6 years of Banking(Government) experience.

1. Is there any othe rway to get Bank job staying out side of Canada.
2. That's why we are looking for job in Bank in order to use that experience. Which occupations are considered as Skilled one for PR?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Ok thank you. Am I eligible for Open Work Permit? How to apply for that? So that we can get valid job offer from outside Canada.
No - you are not eligible for an open work permit.

Reactions: sharmisthanaskar

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Ok. Thank you. From outside of Canada, can I apply for "Work Permit" instead of Open Work Permit?

If yes, can you please let me know what is the procedure.
You need a job offer from an employer in Canada and that employer needs to obtain an approved LMIA before you can apply for a work permit.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you so much. It would really great if you can tell me the process?
I'm not sure you are understanding the answers that are being given to you. The first step is to find a job with an employer in Canada. There are no jobs or employers here. You will have to apply through job sites such as linkedin. Most employers are not willing to go through the process of hiring a foreign worker so there's very little chance you will be successful. If you want to move to Canada, you should focus on applying to immigrate without a job offer.