+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open work permit holder working as a contractor

A_Kal

Jan 31, 2018
Hi,
My wife has an open work permit and is currently looking for a job. Most of the offers she is getting are for contractor roles and she is being asked if she is incorporated. We aren't sure if she can incorporate - some consultants are saying she can while some others are saying she can't since we aren't citizens and don't have PR. I am on a closed work permit (if that matters) and we live in GTA. Can you please shed some light? Also if she can not incorporate, is there any option for her to work as contractor?

Thanks in advance

tcube

Dec 5, 2019
Hi,
My wife has an open work permit and is currently looking for a job. Most of the offers she is getting are for contractor roles and she is being asked if she is incorporated. We aren't sure if she can incorporate - some consultants are saying she can while some others are saying she can't since we aren't citizens and don't have PR. I am on a closed work permit (if that matters) and we live in GTA. Can you please shed some light? Also if she can not incorporate, is there any option for her to work as contractor?

Thanks in advance
hi, any progress on this? My husband was also asked if he’s incorporated. Most of the contractual jobs ask this. Please advise.