+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open work permit (HK pathway)

Sidm786

Dec 30, 2020
Hi,

Can someone guide whether it is okay to travel or move overseas after applying for OWP from your home country? I have already put in an online application but am planning to be away for a few months. Can we raise a webform and get our medicals and biometrics done in the other country my spouse and I are traveling to? TIA!

Sidm786

Dec 30, 2020
I have the same question. May I ask if you have this figured out? Thanks.
My spouse and I are both in HK for now but he’s planning to leave on Friday. So, we’ll see how this pans out, as far as I asked others, they said it’s not a problem.

May I ask when did you apply? What’s the update on your application?

tang2022

Mar 9, 2022
My spouse and I are both in HK for now but he’s planning to leave on Friday. So, we’ll see how this pans out, as far as I asked others, they said it’s not a problem.

May I ask when did you apply? What’s the update on your application?
I just got my offer letter and other required materials for the online application. I was strongly advised not to travel, e.g. buying air tickets while waiting for the work permit to be approved. So, I will probably try to stay where I submit my application.

Reactions: YVR123

tang2022

Mar 9, 2022
I just got my offer letter and other required materials for the online application. I was strongly advised not to travel, e.g. buying air tickets while waiting for the work permit to be approved. So, I will probably try to stay where I submit my application.
It was a recommendation from HR.

tang2022

Mar 9, 2022
Do you know how long after the application do you receive the biometrics/medical request? It’s been over a month since my application and I’ve heard nothing back.
My biometrics letter is almost the same as when I submitted my application. not sure about the medical exam.

Sidm786

Dec 30, 2020
My biometrics letter is almost the same as when I submitted my application. not sure about the medical exam.
It’s been more than a month since I applied but haven’t got any biometrics request, wonder why… getting anxious.

Sidm786

Dec 30, 2020

Hi, what's your update on the application? I still have not received any biometrics or any other request from IRCC. No progress at all on our applications.