+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open work permit for vulnerable foreign workers

sandhus

Oct 6, 2012
I am a foreign worker applied for open work permit for vulnerable foreign workers. It is 20 days since my on line application that I didn’t receive any messages except submission. Can anyone please tell me how long it will take as on website it is mentioned that they will contact within 5 days.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I am a foreign worker applied for open work permit for vulnerable foreign workers. It is 20 days since my on line application that I didn’t receive any messages except submission. Can anyone please tell me how long it will take as on website it is mentioned that they will contact within 5 days.
On what grounds have you claimed to be a vulnerable foreign worker?

Reactions: canuck78

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Not being paid as agreed being asked to do illegal acts if if refusing being threatened of termination
So, you are on a closed work permit, supported by an LMIA?

2AB

Jun 26, 2019
Hi,
Did you finally obtained your open work permit for vulnerables worker please? I am in the same case.

meet0700

Aug 16, 2015
Hi guys
Applied on November 23rd and still waiting for the response. Has anyone got theirs yet?

anshul191

Jul 31, 2017
Hi,
Did you finally obtained your open work permit for vulnerables worker please? I am in the same case.
Hi, Can you share update on yur application? Did they asked you for the interview? can u please share the timeline?

meet0700

Aug 16, 2015
Hi, Can you share update on yur application? Did they asked you for the interview? can u please share the timeline?
Hey,
Haven't heard anything from them since. Not sure what's going on or how long they're gonna take.
Seems like you've got an interview call. Is that right?? Or any updates on your application?

anshul191

Jul 31, 2017
Hey,
Haven't heard anything from them since. Not sure what's going on or how long they're gonna take.
Seems like you've got an interview call. Is that right?? Or any updates on your application?
No, I have not got any update. I applied to it like 10 days ago. I did get a ghost email update a couple of days ago. I have to go back to my country for few weeks. I am so confused, not sure what to do.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No, I have not got any update. I applied to it like 10 days ago. I did get a ghost email update a couple of days ago. I have to go back to my country for few weeks. I am so confused, not sure what to do.
Looks like you may have already been on a PGWP which allowed you to leave any job if it was not a good situation.