+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open work permit for temporary residence

Jorge Y

Aug 9, 2019
Everybody good evening, I am working now and I have a Close work permit for 2 years with this company but my currently company is firing me, How Can I do to get an Open work permit if my close wok permit with the company has 8 months? Thank you in advance for you answer!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Everybody good evening, I am working now and I have a Close work permit for 2 years with this company but my currently company is firing me, How Can I do to get an Open work permit if my close wok permit with the company has 8 months? Thank you in advance for you answer!
Have you applied for PR through an economic immigration stream and has your application been accepted as complete by IRCC?

Based on the information you have provided so far, you don't qualify for an open work permit. If you want to work for someone else, your new employer needs to obtain an approved LMIA and you need to get a new closed work permit.

Jorge Y

Aug 9, 2019
Have you applied for PR through an economic immigration stream and has your application been accepted as complete by IRCC?

Based on the information you have provided so far, you don't qualify for an open work permit. If you want to work for someone else, your new employer needs to obtain an approved LMIA and you need to get a new closed work permit.
Good morning Scylla,
Thank you for your answer, I have applied for PR through federal skilled trades and I have a certificate of qualification from Canada in my trades (NOC 7321) I can not find a company with LMIA to hire me but there are many companies that are hiring with OWP, in my situation Can I applied for OWP? ... Thanks for comments.