+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open Work Permit for Spouse!

ronitsharma

Star Member
Sep 4, 2017
Hi everyone,

I have just applied under the TR to PR gateway (International graduate) and I have added my spouse as a dependent who is in India right now.

My question is, while I wait for the result of this application, can I also apply for her Open work permit as I am currently on my work permit? If the open work permit comes sooner than the PR result, then I can call her here and simultaneously wait for a decision for our PR application? I know PR applications might take more time, therefore I want to see if I can get an open work permit for her.

Please let me know if this is possible.

Thanks,

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
If you are on a PGWP, you can apply for her permit as long as you have a NOC A, B or 0 job and have at least 3 paystubs and your employment letter. Your spouse will need written authorization to travel too.

ronitsharma

Star Member
Sep 4, 2017
If you are on a PGWP, you can apply for her permit as long as you have a NOC A, B or 0 job and have at least 3 paystubs and your employment letter. Your spouse will need written authorization to travel too.
Alright, and this application won't affect my PR application right?

ronitsharma

Star Member
Sep 4, 2017
Hi, quick question.

Now that my spouse is applying for her OWP, what should be the answer to "have you previously applied to enter canada?".
Should it be NO as I applied for the TR to PR but she was only a dependant, or should she answer YES even though the application has not been processed yet?

Let me know.
Thanks,