+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open Work Permit for Spouse

chloejess

May 22, 2019
Hello! I was already granted a study visa. My husband will send his application for open work permit tomorrow. But his NBI says "no criminal record". His case was dismissed and cleared permanently. I'd like to know if meron ba dito with the same case and how long did it take to get the visa?

Aminder

Dec 13, 2018
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi... I got my study visa of canada. My husband hv a visitor visa, n we both r already in canada. Can someone suggest me how n when i apply SOWP n what documents r required for that????? If someone do, let's share the timeline so that we can be more informed about that.

Jun 5, 2019
hello all,

i am from india, my wife is full time student at montreal from sep 2018 to july 2020.we got married in march 2019. applied for open work permit on 28th june 2019 & done my bio metrics on 3rd june 2019. can anybody help in further process ??

i am having 9 years of experience in mechanical engineering field !!!

thanks in advance

iishugupta

Jun 5, 2019
Dear All ,

Hope you all doing good !

Need your help and knowledge for the following situation

my wife is on study permit and we are applying for her PGWP.
her studies completed in mid april and validity of study permit is july 2019.

I am on open work permit till july only.

but unfortunately she is not having any skilled job as of now .

so please help how we will proceed further

1.do we have to apply together or firstly we have to wait for my wife PGWP.
2.what will happen to my SOWP , as she is not having any skilled job / paystubs
3.do I have to wait for her to get into skilled job before I apply to SOWP.
4.in case of any rejection , what will happen ?
*do I have to leave the country immediately , or will I get time to process it again ?
*or I have to apply for visitor visa ?

thanks in advance
kindly help

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi... I got my study visa of canada. My husband hv a visitor visa, n we both r already in canada. Can someone suggest me how n when i apply SOWP n what documents r required for that????? If someone do, let's share the timeline so that we can be more informed about that.
Look at the application for documents requirements. Spouses of international students are not guaranteed SOWP.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hello all,

i am from india, my wife is full time student at montreal from sep 2018 to july 2020.we got married in march 2019. applied for open work permit on 28th june 2019 & done my bio metrics on 3rd june 2019. can anybody help in further process ??

i am having 9 years of experience in mechanical engineering field !!!

thanks in advance
You have already started the process. You just have to wait and follow any directions you are sent. Spouses of international students aren’t guaranteed an SOWP.