+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open work permit for spouse, very special case, please help

jsierra1010

Star Member
Mar 20, 2017
Montreal
Hi everyone, first thanks for taking the time to read this.
This is my story:
- My wife has been rejected 3 times to come visit Canada. We were not married at the moment that happened.
- I currently hold a post-graduate work permit for 3 years
- I currently hold a qualified job in Canada and we have also applied for permanent residency in Quebec.
- We have all the documents ready to be able to apply for her open work permit

I've been told by someone we have to prove ties to her home country even though there is nothing related to this on the document checklist. Is this true? What about financials?

I was hoping you could provide help on how to make her case more solid so it does not get rejected

winner98

Star Member
Feb 28, 2017
jsierra1010 said:
Hi everyone, first thanks for taking the time to read this.
This is my story:
- My wife has been rejected 3 times to come visit Canada. We were not married at the moment that happened.
- I currently hold a post-graduate work permit for 3 years
- I currently hold a qualified job in Canada and we have also applied for permanent residency in Quebec.
- We have all the documents ready to be able to apply for her open work permit

HI, I have applied for PR through quebec and also applied for SOWP as I am still on Post Graduate work permit. I did not add any financial proofs as they were not asked. I only uploaded the forms asked. Marriage certificate and my passport, work permit and my job letter which describes my salary. Don't add too many documents. If they need something then they will ask for it. Someone in other thread with the same case just got a Interview call for Spouse open work permit and they will be asking for proof of relationship documents. so in starting don't upload too many documents. Good luck.

I've been told by someone we have to prove ties to her home country even though there is nothing related to this on the document checklist. Is this true? What about financials?

I was hoping you could provide help on how to make her case more solid so it does not get rejected