May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LC1 application vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
@sumnyray- can i apply my husband for owp because my work permit is an open one, it does not state there that iam working as a PT assistant, but iam currently working as one , would it be possible?

sunnyray90

Star Member
Feb 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2011
Nomination.....
30-08-2011
AOR Received.
30-10-2011
File Transfer...
30-10-2011 CPP-O/ 13-01-2012 Los Angeles
Med's Request
30-10-2011
Med's Done....
30-11-2011 (Med Received 16th Dec - ECAS Updated))
Passport Req..
13-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2012
LANDED..........
18-04-2012
rosellyalung said:
@ sumnyray- can i apply my husband for owp because my work permit is an open one, it does not state there that iam working as a PT assistant, but iam currently working as one , would it be possible?
If your NOC job code is "A", "B" or "O" or if you are nominated by any Province (preferably Skill worker) , then only you will be eligible to get open work permit your spouse.

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LC1 application vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
@sunnyray- would be necessary that my job title be present in my work permit? Because mine is open work permit from my lcp program but right now iam working as a pt asst, but i can provide employment contract , letter fr the employer paystubs

A

andyhe

I'm a NB nominee, and currently my wife is applying for OWP. I got a letter of support for my wife's OWP from provincial government. Last week, she was required to do a medical examination, which is regarded as an "unofficial approval."

So, I think if you are a provincial nominee, you can contact your provincial immigration office. They might be able to issue a letter of support as well.

Hope it helps. :D

TorqueAddict

Jan 15, 2014
Hi guys,

I have applied for my Onatrio PNP in December 2013. Of course the quota for 2013 was full. Anyways, i got my confirmation number in two weeks. I hope my processing for PNP starts soon. Now, here is my question:

i got married last year in September. My wife is in India. I am planning to get to apply her for an open work permit. I have a work permit till February 2014, and i am pretty sure that i can get it extended before it expires because i was issued the permit till the expiration date of my passport. So, i will have to get my passport renewed and then apply for the extension. Currently i am working in a reputed company in Canada, and my job falls under category "A". I hold a permanent full time position.

i have gone through various threads in this forum and have found mixed reviews/info regarding the Spousal OWP.

Can i make her apply now, as i think she meets the criteria to get an OWP. or should i wait till i get my PNP, and then make her apply?

the catch here is that current processing time for the openwork permit from chandigarh, India is approx 5 months, and i am pretty much sure that i will not be getting my PNP before april, as i can see the situation. So instead of making her wait for me to be nominated and then applying, isn't it a good idea to make her apply right away?

i would love to hear from the experts out there on the forum :)

Thanks!!

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
I think she will have better chances if she applies now (before you apply for PR) if she meets the criteria. Read Page 1 of this thread for other examples.

dev.gavande

Star Member
May 13, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 Apr 2015
AOR Received.
12 Apr 2015
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Done....
08 May 2015
Passport Req..
31-Jul-2015
Hi,
I have a dilemma about extension of spouse open work permit. The rules are not very clearly stated on
CIC website and creates confusion.
I already have open work permit and has started working here in alberta,canada while my husband is in
montreal, quebec.

My situation is:
My husband's study permit expiry: 30 Nov 2014
My passport expiry: 27 Oct 2014
My work permit expiry: 27 Sep 2014
I will be applying for passport renewal here and will get by May 2014.
My husband will apply for an off-campus work permit in June2014 through which he will get off-campus WP
till Dec 2014. He will apply for an actual Work permit once he receives his transcripts in Oct 2014
approximately.

Question is:
2) How and when do I apply for extension so that it comes before my WP expiry? Do i apply for one
extension after I get new passport which hopefully get me a WP till Nov 2014. and Then apply with my
husband in Oct 2014 for another extension?
I am really confused and cannot find any answers online. I would like to know if you can help me. Do
let me know.
Also, can I apply for PR during this time? Is it valid?

Dev