+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open work permit for INDIAN Spouse- possibility and requirements ??

vizag_canada

Star Member
Nov 28, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-dec-2010
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
-
Med's Request
-
Med's Done....
13 dec 2010
Interview........
--waived--
Passport Req..
--waived--
VISA ISSUED...
14/jan/2011
LANDED..........
21/jan/2011
Hello All

I have some questions regarding open work permit for spouse who is an INDIAN.
I am posting here, everything I am doing to apply for her Work permit. Please give a read and suggest me if I am doing it right. Or I need to add anything to it ??

Here is my situation
-I am currently working in canada from around 2 years on a closed work permit from my employer. I still have my work permit until june 2013. My job comes under NOC A 0r B.
-I have applied for my CEC Permanent residency application 4 months ago and got the AOR number couple of months back. ( I can get the bridge work permit after june 2013)
-I am about to get married in India in November 2013 and wanted to apply for her work permit immediately. ( as I heard getting visitor visa is harder than getting a WP).
-My fiance have done her masters and currently working from over a year in India. She will be relieving from her job soon this month.
-We cannot show lot of bank balance or assets in India.
- Below are the documents I am getting ready with to apply for her work permit from India immediately after our marriage.
Her Passport, Job relieving letter, work experience letter, resume, all educational certificates, photos etc. and from My side...My work permit, passport and visa copies, my employment letter, Canadian Bank statements for 3 months and one consolidated bank statement, 3 months pay stabs from my work, marriage certificate, wedding photos (5 to 10), phone statements, and some chat logs.
- After she gets her work permit, I want to let CIC know what I am married and want to attach her documents for her PR with my CEC PR application which is currently in process.
- Also I will do her medicals before hand and submit the report with her application.

My concerns
- What are the chances for getting her spouse open Work permit approved ??
-What are the documents or check list I need to fill to apply for her work permit from India ??
- Do I need to write any cover letter explaining the situation ??

I assume many people have gone through this situation. Please let me know If I am doing this right and anything I need to make the application stronger.

Thanks a lot in Advance

vkshah

Star Member
Mar 17, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2014
AOR Received.
24-09-2014
IELTS Request
CELPIP sent with application
Med's Request
26-03-2015
Med's Done....
28-03-2015
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2015
LANDED..........
22-06-2015
Is there anyone who applied spouse open work permit in 2014

kalpan

Jan 13, 2014
Hi Swarnalatha,
can you share your timeline please and have you applied paper based through vfs or online? I have applied SOWP for my spouse online in Jan 14, still not received any updates.

jeetjariwala

Mar 24, 2014
Hey Guys,

I applied for spouse open work permit online on 3rd march. Still dint here anything from CIC.
@kalpan: Can you tell me more specific details regarding your application.

Thank you

Ak2312

Star Member
Mar 23, 2014
How can u apply for spouse open work permit online??
My job comes under Noc A category and my work permit will expire in Dec 2014..Is it possible if i can apply for my spouse who is in india from canada online because paper applications from india are taking forever to process..

kalpan

Jan 13, 2014
Hi,
Please apply paper based application via VFS global in india. Online applications are rejecting right away without any reason...I have applied online and waiting since 3 months...

jeetjariwala

Mar 24, 2014
I filled online application for SWOP on 3rd March and got request for Medical on 25th March. How much time it takes after medical is done?

kalpan

Jan 13, 2014
Hi
Probably one or two weeks, everything will be done...also one thing...please update when u get the passport request.

Thanks,
Kalpan