Champion Member
Jan 23, 2015
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2015
Med's Request
May 11, 2015
Med's Done....
May 20, 2015 Med's Passed.: May 28, 2015 Refused........: June 3, 2015 Second App...: June 4, 2015
Passport Req..
June 15, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 15, 2015
LANDED..........
August 21, 2015
asdfgh123 said:
Dear All,
I am writing this post understanding the lack of knowledge we all feel in this regards and the pain you have to take to grab all that knowledge.
I am writing all the details you will need for Spouse open work permit for international students. ;) I am a full time international student here in Canada. I came here in Sept 2016 intake. Just after landing in canada in Spetember 2016, i applied for open work permit for my spouse. I got married in 2015 and just after coming here i applied online with all these docs.
Applicant's docs (My spouse):
Passport
Highest education degree
Marriage Certificate
Marriage Picture (For assuring marriage was genuine)
Experience Letter from current employer (If working somewhere in India or your home country)
Medical Examination

My documents as sponsor:
Passport
Study Permit
College offer letter
College id card(To prove that i am successfully enrolled and studying full time)
Family info Form (Can download from CIC website)

I applied online with a fee of CAD 255 and created and uploaded all docs online.
No attestation required, no hassel at all.

These are the only docs i provided and with the grace of god, she got her visa in a month. :D In the first week of this month she got her visa stamped.

All the people who are tying for same, feel free to shoot me a mail if any doubts are there. If you follow the correct procedure, this is really very easy and non hectic procedure to get your loved ones here with u.
All the best to all. ;D ;D
Thank you for sharing! Didn't you include SOP and proof of funds?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

pradeepadm2017

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
03-08-2020
Dear Friends,
I have received study permit and I am traveling to Canada in December. My wife is planning to apply for Open work permit and jon me in Canada. We are planning to submit online application. While trying to file application online, she got request to submit below documents:

1. IMM1295 - Application for work permit made outside Canada
2. IMM5707 - Family Information form
3. Passport
4. Digital Photo
5. Request for medical exam
6. Proof of relationship
7. IMM5257 - Application for temp resident visa
8. Latter of explanation

None of the documents in the checklist ask about my study permit/VISA details or sponsorship letter. Also none of the documents talk about availability of funds, proof of employment or any other documents to verify links to home country.

Is this the case with others filing online as well? Or Did she miss or answer any questions wrong that lead to different supporting document requirement.

Seeker1234S

Oct 27, 2017
You can shoot a mail on helpseeker@yahoo.com
Hey asdfgh123

So you were already married before you left your home country? Were you also already married before you applied for student visa?

The scenario I am interested in is where you come to Canada on a student visa and while here on a visa you go home and get married. Then how likely is it that the spouse will get an OWP?

nannu79

Mar 21, 2018
Dear All,
I am writing this post understanding the lack of knowledge we all feel in this regards and the pain you have to take to grab all that knowledge.
I am writing all the details you will need for Spouse open work permit for international students. ;) I am a full time international student here in Canada. I came here in Sept 2016 intake. Just after landing in canada in Spetember 2016, i applied for open work permit for my spouse. I got married in 2015 and just after coming here i applied online with all these docs.
Passport
Highest education degree
Marriage Certificate
Experience Letter from current employer (If working somewhere in India or your home country)
Medical Examination

My documents as sponsor:
Passport
Study Permit
College offer letter
College id card(To prove that i am successfully enrolled and studying full time)

I applied online with a fee of CAD 255 and created and uploaded all docs online.

These are the only docs i provided and with the grace of god, she got her visa in a month. :D In the first week of this month she got her visa stamped.

All the people who are tying for same, feel free to shoot me a mail if any doubts are there. If you follow the correct procedure, this is really very easy and non hectic procedure to get your loved ones here with u.
hello boss,
i am in a difficult situation as i recently got married in india and i m on work permit in canada. my marriage was really simple but we did court marriage and i have a valid marriage certificate. is this material sufficient to apply

msksan

May 21, 2018
Hello, my wife has gone to Canada in the last week of april 2018 on full time study permit and classes started from 7th May. Im applying for SOWP in the first week of June 2018 as my documents are ready. I wanted to know if thats okay to apply as few say that I will have to wait for few months and few say I can apply for it immediatedly. Im in dilemma and want to know about the success rate of the VISA. Its been almost 2 years since we are married in India. Additionally, wanted to know if SOP is required if yes kindly share a sample of it. Thank you .

msksan

May 21, 2018
Hello, my wife has gone to Canada in the last week of april 2018 on full time study permit and classes started from 7th May. Im applying for SOWP in the first week of June 2018 as my documents are ready. I wanted to know if thats okay to apply as few say that I will have to wait for few months and few say I can apply for it immediatedly. Im in dilemma and want to know about the success rate of the VISA. Its been almost 2 years since we are married in India. Additionally, wanted to know if SOP is required if yes kindly share a sample of it. Thank you .

Aug 20, 2018
Me & my wife , we both came as a student in Canada & we both hold a valid study permit.our class will start from 4th september:, however now I want to apply for open work permit as my wife is a full time student.Am I eligible to do it ? As I want she should continue her study and I can go for open work permit, though I’m also having a study permit, if I get open work permit then it will more convenient for both of us .i don't want to continue my study, i want to work full time to support my wife ,as well as enhance my work experience in canada.
1.So my enquiry is if husband and wife both are full time student in canada ,then can one of us apply for open work permit inside Canada.
2. what is the procedure to apply for open work permit in side canada .
3. Is there any one like us who have came (husband & wife) canada as a student and then one of them applied for open work permit & successfully got the open work permit ?

I’m looking forward to hearing from all of you as a matter of urgency.
Thank you so much indeed
Sanjoy Bhowmik
Toronto,Canada

arti1985

Sep 5, 2018
Dear All,
Passport
Highest education degree
Marriage Certificate
Medical Examination

My documents as sponsor:
Passport
Study Permit
College offer letter

Can u plz give me ur email id?I have few questions to ask..thanks

Vigneah

Jul 9, 2018
Dear All,
Passport
Highest education degree
Marriage Certificate
Medical Examination

My documents as sponsor:
Passport
Study Permit
College offer letter

HI, I am in canada right now in visitor visa, my wife is studying in 2 year program. Having all the documents. But I am having a doubt in uploading the documents in the online account.

First there is a tab to upload my password, medical and wife details. But I can't find how to upload my bank statement, business document and other supporting documents.

Could you please help me out in uploading the documents. Thanks my whatsup no +1 4372271506

sukhjass

Feb 3, 2018
My spouse has only 2 months study left. Her study will end in 26 April 2019. I want to go canada on open work permit what can I do know? Please help me
Firstly she got 4 year study permit in September 2017 and then after in January 2018 she changed her study and take 1 year culinary arts diploma
Please answer me

rehank

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Hello guys, Please a very urgent and important question if any of you guys can help me on this!!!

I m here on study permit and I I came on Jan 2018.
I took summer 2018 off and winter 2019 semester off ( because I got married in April, last month).
Now I dont want to study right now and continue my studies after I become PR to save money on fees.

Can you suggest what can be done.

My study permit expires on November 30 2019 ( in 6 months) And my wife is applying for my Spousal PR application and I heard I can apply for an OPW as well. If I apply how long will I get the OPW for ?

And Iknow PR applications take time. Shall I extend my study permit so I have an status and they will extend me another year since I have two more semesters left. and then apply for OPW . OPW takes about 4-5 months right ?

What are the ways or suggestions I can take and should do at this point please advise. @canuck_in_uk @scylla , all the expert members please anyone can help me! Thanks!

Apuu

May 20, 2019
Hey there!
I recently came to canada. I wana know that is it okay if my spouse applies for owp from our home country instead for comming to canada as a visitor and then applying for it?
Hope I can get some here... Thanks everyone!!

NikhilG3

Feb 4, 2019
Hey there!
I recently came to canada. I wana know that is it okay if my spouse applies for owp from our home country instead for comming to canada as a visitor and then applying for it?
Hope I can get some here... Thanks everyone!!
Hi Apuu,

Did you get this sorted out? Do you mind sharing your email address as we are also planning to do the same?

Thanks in advance,
Nikhil