+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open Work Permit Extension

guru782

Jun 26, 2019
I have filed my extension for my NOC A type job and decision is pending. My spouse who had a open work permit filed an visitor record extension along with my application and that is also pending.
I know I am eligible to work untill a decision is made BUT is my spouse is also eligible to work ?
If not should I file an application for Open Work Permit , Please suggest .

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I have filed my extension for my NOC A type job and decision is pending. My spouse who had a open work permit filed an visitor record extension along with my application and that is also pending.
I know I am eligible to work untill a decision is made BUT is my spouse is also eligible to work ?
Probably not until your extension is granted. Then she will have to apply based on your new work permit.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
On what grounds do you qualify for an extension?

If she has only applied for a visitor extension, she is not allowed to work beyond the expiry of her current permit. Why did she not apply for a work permit extension along with you?

Reactions: mau123