+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open Work Permit extension - Need some help

sillything

Sep 30, 2018
Hi all, I need some help regarding extending my OWP and can't find the information I need. Tried posting, but didn't get any response at all either..

-breakdown-

I applied for inland spousal sponsorship back in March 2018 along with OWP. Still waiting for my PR while my OWP was approved June 2018 and will be expiring this June 2020.

I have stopped working last year in September because I had a baby and have been on EI Mat Leave. When applying through IMM5710 , do I pick " apply for a work permit with the same employer" or "Apply for a work permit for the first time or with a new employer" ? I will look for a new job with more flexible hours after my Mat leave is over assuming Covid 19 blows over. Thus I am unsure which is more applicable to me.

Also, I have tried to apply for the OWP online, but every time I fill in the questions, it just directs me to apply for PR instead. I won't give me option to apply / extend my open work permit online thus I have printed out all the documents to submit through mail. I have picked "apply for work permit for the first time or with a new employer" but want to make sure I've picked the right one before I submit everything.

Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi all, I need some help regarding extending my OWP and can't find the information I need. Tried posting, but didn't get any response at all either..

-breakdown-

I applied for inland spousal sponsorship back in March 2018 along with OWP. Still waiting for my PR while my OWP was approved June 2018 and will be expiring this June 2020.

I have stopped working last year in September because I had a baby and have been on EI Mat Leave. When applying through IMM5710 , do I pick " apply for a work permit with the same employer" or "Apply for a work permit for the first time or with a new employer" ? I will look for a new job with more flexible hours after my Mat leave is over assuming Covid 19 blows over. Thus I am unsure which is more applicable to me.

Also, I have tried to apply for the OWP online, but every time I fill in the questions, it just directs me to apply for PR instead. I won't give me option to apply / extend my open work permit online thus I have printed out all the documents to submit through mail. I have picked "apply for work permit for the first time or with a new employer" but want to make sure I've picked the right one before I submit everything.

Thanks
First time or new employer.

Reactions: sillything

Johnparker

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016

-breakdown-

Thanks
Hi,

Did you receive your OWP extension ?? I also need to apply for my OWP extension next week and would need some help in terms of document checklist?

sillything

Sep 30, 2018
Hi,

Did you receive your OWP extension ?? I also need to apply for my OWP extension next week and would need some help in terms of document checklist?
Hi, yes I just got the OWP extension last week. They received it on May 1.. so it took a while and I was out of status from end of June until yesterday when I renewed my SIN.

Reactions: Johnparker

Johnparker

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
Hi, yes I just got the OWP extension last week. They received it on May 1.. so it took a while and I was out of status from end of June until yesterday when I renewed my SIN.
Hi,

Thank you for your response. Congratulations for receiving your OWP extension. I applied for Inland spousal PR sponsorship application in July 2019. Like others I am also waiting for AIP,DM & COPR. I would like to get information on below questions,

1. As I dont have AIP yet can I apply for OWP extension online ?? OR paper application is the only option?

2. As per the document checklist IMM5556e, do I need to provide employment document such as employment letter, pay slip etc??

3. As it is spousal dependent OWP do I need to submit my husband documents like his passport, PR card etc?

4. When I applied for OWP for the first time I sent my application to CPC Mississauga office as I am in Ontario. Do we need to send the extension at the same office OR different location?

In general, If you can let me know list of documents that needs to be send for extension, would really be helpful to me.

Thank you!