+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

open work permit extension in Quebc for a CSQ holder

hamzadiara

Jul 25, 2020
Hello guys,

can i apply for an extension of my open work permit in Quebec knowing that i got my CSQ in July 2020, and i m cureently still working? can someone share his/her experience?

Thanks in advance,

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Once you apply for PR with your CSQ you can get a bridging open work permit if your current work permit is less than four months from expiring.

hamzadiara

Jul 25, 2020
Once you apply for PR with your CSQ you can get a bridging open work permit if your current work permit is less than four months from expiring.
thanks for the reply but the option you mentioned is for all Canada except Quebec, which is the province that i m in right now so it is now an option for someone who lives in Quebec

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
thanks for the reply but the option you mentioned is for all Canada except Quebec, which is the province that i m in right now so it is now an option for someone who lives in Quebec
You're right that you can't get a BOWP with just a CSQ, but once you apply for PR on paper you may be able to. However you should also be prepared to change your status to visitor if you can't get a new work permit in time.