+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

open work permit extension for a spouse of international student

Vineeshvin023

Aug 11, 2019
Hi,

I have completed my for 1 year and applied for PGWP before 2 months. My study permit expires on 30th Aug. My wife's open work permit also expires on the same time. I applied for extending her open work permit together with my application. Still i didnt get any reply from cic. I didn't have a job in NOC when i submitted the application. Now i got the job and have 3 payslips in NOC O. In case, the results comes after the current status expires, can i re apply for her? Is there any chance for rejection? Or Do i need to apply for visitor to maitain the status?
Please help me...

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

I have completed my for 1 year and applied for PGWP before 2 months. My study permit expires on 30th Aug. My wife's open work permit also expires on the same time. I applied for extending her open work permit together with my application. Still i didnt get any reply from cic. I didn't have a job in NOC when i submitted the application. Now i got the job and have 3 payslips in NOC O. In case, the results comes after the current status expires, can i re apply for her? Is there any chance for rejection? Or Do i need to apply for visitor to maitain the status?
Please help me...
Yes there is certainly a high chance for rejection because you applied when you didn’t have PGWP or a job with NOC 0, A or B.

Vineeshvin023

Aug 11, 2019
Yes there is certainly a high chance for rejection because you applied when you didn’t have PGWP or a job with NOC 0, A or B.
Now I have job in NOC O. So, I can apply again after getting the result. right?
Do I need to apply for Visitor visa for her to maintain the status or I have to wait for the result and reapply for OWP extension?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Now I have job in NOC O. So, I can apply again after getting the result. right?
Do I need to apply for Visitor visa for her to maintain the status or I have to wait for the result and reapply for OWP extension?
Do you have 3 pay stubs as well? You should apply for the extension before August 30th if you have a job in NOC 0, A or B plus 3 pay stubs.