+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open Work Permit - Extension (Approved)

mo82

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
Hi everyone.

Sharing my experience.

History in my case: My wife arrived as Intl student, I applied for TRV, joined her in Canada, got my TRV to SOWP. 1st Validity was till my wife student visa.
Wife applied for PGWP, got it, I had to apply for my renewal.

Applied for extension of my SOWP inside Canada.
Yes, i too had read the cic content of renewal procedure and document requirements. In my case everything was simple and straight except my wife who is on PGWP does not have Offer letter of NOC.
Worried myself of rejection me and my wife decided to apply supporting a firm explanation letter.

I wrote explanation letter:
my wife is working in Canada for same employer since she landed in canada (payslips and offer letter attached).Agreed not under NoC, myself also working for 10months with Microsoft (payslips and offer letter attached). Also mentioned, we paid taxes duly on time (Tax return attached), both of us earning here in Canada are sufficient for us plus we save, Medically we are insured by my employer for Drug, Consult, IP and OP with 100% coverage.
Financially very much stable.

Finger crossed applied on July 29 2016
Approved August 23 2016.
No medical asked, i believe coz I had undergone medicals when i landed in Canada when applied for TRV to OWP.

Reason to share: I know i just might have got lucky, point is although its mentioned on their website and requirements are outlined which i am sure applies to 9 out 10 applicants, a letter of explanation explaining your case and supporting it plays a vital role.
The officer at that side will only see your application and will not have a slightest clue of what you are in, your situation etc. Letter of explanation is read always.
Last but not least it gives an impression to the case officer that you are prepared, legit and sincere applicant.

Please feel free to ask any questions.
Good luck to all.
Thank you.

TorontoMo

Dec 14, 2014
mo82 said:
Hi everyone.

Sharing my experience.

History in my case: My wife arrived as Intl student, I applied for TRV, joined her in Canada, got my TRV to SOWP. 1st Validity was till my wife student visa.

Yes, i too had read the cic content of renewal procedure and document requirements. In my case everything was simple and straight except my wife who is on PGWP does not have Offer letter of NOC.
Worried myself of rejection me and my wife decided to apply supporting a firm explanation letter.

my wife is working in Canada for same employer since she landed in canada (payslips and offer letter attached).Agreed not under NoC, myself also working for 10months with Microsoft (payslips and offer letter attached). Also mentioned, we paid taxes duly on time (Tax return attached), both of us earning here in Canada are sufficient for us plus we save, Medically we are insured by my employer for Drug, Consult, IP and OP with 100% coverage.

Approved August 23 2016.
No medical asked, i believe coz I had undergone medicals when i landed in Canada when applied for TRV to OWP.

Reason to share: I know i just might have got lucky, point is although its mentioned on their website and requirements are outlined which i am sure applies to 9 out 10 applicants, a letter of explanation explaining your case and supporting it plays a vital role.
The officer at that side will only see your application and will not have a slightest clue of what you are in, your situation etc. Letter of explanation is read always.
Last but not least it gives an impression to the case officer that you are prepared, legit and sincere applicant.

Good luck to all.
Thank you.
Good story. I`m pretty sure it helps others.

ajsingh

Star Member
Aug 26, 2013
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney (Nova Scotia)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-12-2016
AOR Received.
02-03-2017
mo82 said:
Hi everyone.

Sharing my experience.

Approved August 23 2016.

Good luck to all.
Thank you.
Awesome. That should be very helpful for others as well. Happy for you :)

mo82

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
Thank you for the response. This is a great forum.
My journey starting from applying TRV... SOWP... and now extension has been successful learning from this forum.

Sharing is Caring.

HARSH131010190

Star Member
Aug 28, 2015
i have applied for my spouse open work permit on 22 june 2016.and i got rejection latter says that you do not have enough funds.
i have showed $10,000 in my account and in her account in india it was $8000.

i dont know what to do now?

any comments please?