+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open Work Permit expiring soon.

Cguy Cooking

Feb 6, 2012
Hi Everyone,

My open permit to work in Canada is expiring in Nov/2016. I am thinking to make a trip to my home country and come back to Canada at the end of July 2016. Will the immigration officer at that time ask me if I am employed in any company or job? Will I have any problem to re-enter Canada?

Any Suggestions welcomed!

Thanks
Cooking

Reactions: Geegee14

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Cguy Cooking said:
Hi Everyone,

My open permit to work in Canada is expiring in Nov/2016. I am thinking to make a trip to my home country and come back to Canada at the end of July 2016. Will the immigration officer at that time ask me if I am employed in any company or job? Will I have any problem to re-enter Canada?

Thanks
Cooking
Well assuming you will have a TRV or are from a visa exempt country and are not inadmissable for any criminal reason then do not see why not. You will get asked usual questions i expect like return ticket, are you employed, visit plans anything that ties you back to home country. Obviously having had an open work permit you may get asked a few more questions but as long as honest answers. Assume July 2016 is a typo and should be july 2017

surya450

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
Visa Office......
Delhi
App. Filed.......
March 16 2016@PNP CIC
Nomination.....
January 2016@ AINP
AOR Received.
14-Apr-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
17-May-2016
Med's Request
4-oct-2017
Med's Done....
12-Oct-2017
Passport Req..
28-12-2017
LANDED..........
28-01-2018
Cguy Cooking said:
Hi Everyone,

Thanks
Cooking
Since you have a open work permit, you can re-enter into canada. If you are coming back to canada(Lets say Oct or Nov) close to your work permit expiring date then they might ask you more question like why are you coming back now with out any job. So If You are coming in July then its shouldn't be a problem.

Hope this Info Helps.

Cheers!

Geegee14

Aug 13, 2018
Hi Everyone,

Thanks
Cooking
Hi there! I am in the same situation right now. My pgwp is expiring March 2019. Wanted to go back home to the Philippines for 2 weeks. I’m just worried about reentering Canada. Can you pls share your experience? Thanks in advance..