+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open work permit denied

Yuvraj3110

Sep 21, 2018
I am a provincial Nominee of Manitoba and have already filed for PR and have finished my medical, in July. My work permit was expiring so I had to get an open work permit. While I was viewing the document checklist and uploading the documents, I didn't attach my Nomination letter along with my application as it wasn't asked for in the application. I wasn't aware that I have to attach it in optional documents. I got a letter today that my work permit has been refused and my status as a worked is no longer valid. I'm trying to contact CIC via phone and am also trying to go to the border if they can help me get the permit. Can anyone please help me? They said in the letter that I have to apply for restoration but I really can't leave my work. But right now I have no choice. Can anyone suggest something that i can do? Maybe send them the nomination letter via e-mail or just contact them anyhow? My record in the country has been perfect, I've never broken any law..

Kaur2

Star Member
Mar 1, 2015
I am a provincial Nominee of Manitoba and have already filed for PR and have finished my medical, in July. My work permit was expiring so I had to get an open work permit. While I was viewing the document checklist and uploading the documents, I didn't attach my Nomination letter along with my application as it wasn't asked for in the application. I wasn't aware that I have to attach it in optional documents. I got a letter today that my work permit has been refused and my status as a worked is no longer valid. I'm trying to contact CIC via phone and am also trying to go to the border if they can help me get the permit. Can anyone please help me? They said in the letter that I have to apply for restoration but I really can't leave my work. But right now I have no choice. Can anyone suggest something that i can do? Maybe send them the nomination letter via e-mail or just contact them anyhow? My record in the country has been perfect, I've never broken any law..
You will have to restore your status, you dnt need to leave country. Did you send them PR AOR with your workpermit application?