+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open work permit applied in January

kristoph29

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
25-01-2019
No, still waiting, and very worried, bevause my visitor visa will expire in 2 weeks. And if gets dennied after that, I will have to leave the country or apply for restoration+work permit (450 dollars again)
Chances of rejection is very low according to other contributors here, if you think CIC has exceeded to the 4 months processing you are advised to give them call to make a follow up. I read somewhere else that 4 months had pass, some didnt get their OWP. They called the hotline and few days after they have been approved.

Possible that our applications were set aside and placed at the bottom pile, but if you call and let them know this might help.

Did you apply for a PR? If yes and the CIC has requested you to do a medical then I dont think you will still be rejected of OWP.

Brunanurb

Dec 16, 2018
Chances of rejection is very low according to other contributors here, if you think CIC has exceeded to the 4 months processing you are advised to give them call to make a follow up. I read somewhere else that 4 months had pass, some didnt get their OWP. They called the hotline and few days after they have been approved.

Possible that our applications were set aside and placed at the bottom pile, but if you call and let them know this might help.

Did you apply for a PR? If yes and the CIC has requested you to do a medical then I dont think you will still be rejected of OWP.
I have been waiting for 95 days now. Processing time is 90 days. I didnt call them yet, I even dont know a number to call, would you have it by chance? i am not applying for PR yet, waiting my partner fisinh a year of full time job first.

kristoph29

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
25-01-2019
I have been waiting for 95 days now. Processing time is 90 days. I didnt call them yet, I even dont know a number to call, would you have it by chance? i am not applying for PR yet, waiting my partner fisinh a year of full time job first.
I think you can find the hotline no. elsewhere here or maybe at the official cic website. If you dont have much time to make a call go to the website and use the webform to send email. They'll get bck to you in 3-5 days.

The last time i checked processing time is 111 days try to check again. They keep telling to follow up only when the time has exceeded.

kristoph29

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
25-01-2019
I just checked the processing time since you mentioned 90 days I would say you applied online. Your case is more than 90 days go make a follow up to speed up. Good luck! Please come back with a good news.

Brunanurb

Dec 16, 2018
I got approved today. Process within Canada. 90 days. No medical request, no biometric request. My parter came as work holiday visa and I have been in Canada for one year living as tourist with him!

Reactions: kristoph29

yamm03

Oct 31, 2018
I got approved today. Process within Canada. 90 days. No medical request, no biometric request. My parter came as work holiday visa and I have been in Canada for one year living as tourist with him!
when did you apply what date? we applied January 13 still reviewing eligibility

Bachelor101

Sep 26, 2018
Hey, yea I applied on the 14th of February from INSIDE Canada.
No update since. I'm Jamaican so the requirements might be different.
Anyone applied online from within Canada and has received a response?
hi im also Jamaican what document did you provide with applying ?

Brunanurb

Dec 16, 2018
hi im also Jamaican what document did you provide with applying ?
I did all the forms they requested, including the partners for who is not married but live together one (my case). In the one where you can put extra information we did a 40 pages doc proving we have been living together for one year in Canada, 3 last payslips of my boyfriend and his certificate as personal trainer to prove his job is a NOC B

Bachelor101

Sep 26, 2018
I did all the forms they requested, including the partners for who is not married but live together one (my case). In the one where you can put extra information we did a 40 pages doc proving we have been living together for one year in Canada, 3 last payslips of my boyfriend and his certificate as personal trainer to prove his job is a NOC B
oh ok and you applied online?, i am planning to apply just wanted to know is a SOP is required