+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open work permit applied in January

Attie P

Mar 6, 2019
hi im also Jamaican what document did you provide with applying ?
There is a questionaire on the CIC's website. When you complete that questionaire to see if you qualify for an open work permit, they provide you with a code. That code will eventually assist you in knowing all the documents that they will need from you. Find that questionaire first and you'll be good. Search for the open work permit info on CIC's website and you'll find the questionaire prompt.

Reactions: Bachelor101

kristoph29

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
25-01-2019
I am surprised I was able to link my OWP to my GC Key account. Its been a long time and I gave up trying to link it, then just this nigh as I checked my PR app status I decided to try linking OWP.

I have a question, when it was linked and I checked the status it was just the same status as stated with my PR. Like reviewing eligibility no background check etc.

And the application number is different it starts with letter "W" this time.

It also says I applied online- but i did not and sent through mail

Have anyone encountered same situation?

The mere fact I was able to link it means its already in the system. Hope il be approved soon!

Aswinee

Apr 19, 2019
Hello everyone,

I applied for SOWP on 2 Feb 2019.
Biometrics given on 11/2/2019 at Mumbai vfs.
Upfront medicals
Online tracking of biometrics says its in transit from Banglore VFS to Banglore ircc...(Which i dont understand.)

No updates after that.
Hi Even for me same , I submitted my passport on 9th Apr and still no update . any idea ?

cyrilclaveria

Star Member
Jun 9, 2018
Hello everyone,

I applied for SOWP on 2 Feb 2019.
Biometrics given on 11/2/2019 at Mumbai vfs.
Upfront medicals
Online tracking of biometrics says its in transit from Banglore VFS to Banglore ircc...(Which i dont understand.)

No updates after that.
hey did you get already result we have same case.

Jblazze1

Mar 12, 2019
I applied 28 of January 2019. Got a mail that my applications is under active review on 11th of June till now have not gotten any message from them am worried. Kindly advice