+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open Work Permit application - help with one question

Britcan

Nov 30, 2016
Hello,
RE: Open Work Permit application: in the Background Information section, question 2(c) it asks:
"Have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada?"

Does this refer to simply visiting Canada on a tourist visa? Future Australian son-in-law has 4 visa stamps for visits to Canada in his passport, so do we say Yes, and list all of his visits? (Australians only need the eTA to enter.)

I'm confused because it already asks about Original entry to Canada, and most recent Entry, in the Coming to Canada section.
Thanks, sorry if the answer is obvious to everyone else!

Caroliner1978

Star Member
Mar 8, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is the same form you use to apply for an extension of your current status, so I'm assuming they want to know if you have ever applied for an extension before. That's how I answered the question. And/or if you are from a non-visa exempt country, I guess they also want to know if you have ever initally applied for a visa before to enter Canada. But since your name is Britcan, I'd guess you are visa exempt ;D

Britcan

Nov 30, 2016
Caroliner1978 said:
This is the same form you use to apply for an extension of your current status, so I'm assuming they want to know if you have ever applied for an extension before. That's how I answered the question. And/or if you are from a non-visa exempt country, I guess they also want to know if you have ever initally applied for a visa before to enter Canada. But since your name is Britcan, I'd guess you are visa exempt ;D
Many thanks for clarifying - it's actually for my Australian (future) son-in-law so he is visa exempt - and since he hasn't applied for an extension or visa before I'll check No on the form for that question.

And good guess about me - originally from England, married a Canadian and lived in Canada since 1988 :D