+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open work permit application approved! What happens next?

alissanb

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
Hello everyone. My application for a bridging open work permit was approved today. I didn't get a message from CIC to notify me of this approval, I just happened to log in with my GC key to check the status of my applications to see it had been approved under 'final decision'. My application also now lists new work permit and eTA document numbers and expiry dates under 'document status'. What happens next? Will I receive official correspondence and a physical work permit? Thanks in advance.

Nidhi_123

May 17, 2017
Hey could you please tell me how long did it take to? I applied it but on the other side, my sin num expiring soon. Eagerly waiting fir new work permit

sak298

Feb 19, 2019
I have applied for Open Work Permit on 21st may 2020. Still awaiting for it. Could you please let us know the processing time ?
Thank You

alissanb

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
Thank you! I applied on June 28th. FYI you can use your SIN number on implied status, even if it has expired. Apply for a new SIN number when you get your new work permit.

Nidhi_123

May 17, 2017
My work permit and sin num expiring on 9th Nov 2020. I get it that I can work with the same sin num on implied status but can I also join another work with other employe too? I got the part time offer just a day before . Can I accept that or not? Please let me know
/: I already applied for new work upon express entry application number,

alissanb

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
My work permit and sin num expiring on 9th Nov 2020. I get it that I can work with the same sin num on implied status but can I also join another work with other employe too? I got the part time offer just a day before . Can I accept that or not? Please let me know
/: I already applied for new work upon express entry application number,
If you have an open work permit, you can work for a different employee on implied status.

Nidhi_123

May 17, 2017
Work permit also expiring on 9th nov 2020( after a week ) so if I accept job today it, Will it trouble me after 9th nov or I can just show them new work permit application number and payment receipt. I applied new wo a month ago so it will take long so
On that basis can I accept new job ?