+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open work permit and visit visa for my son

Rabs

Oct 4, 2013
Hello,
I have applied for open work permit and visit visa for my son on 27th may..got my medical req on 30th Aug... my concern is about my sons application...I haven't received any updates yet:( will he receive medical req?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Rabs said:
Hello,
I have applied for open work permit and visit visa for my son on 27th may..got my medical req on 30th Aug... my concern is about my sons application...I haven't received any updates yet:( will he receive medical req?
What category is he applying for an OWP? Dependent children aren't entitled to open work permits, except those over 18 children of LD Truck Drivers on work permits in Alberta.

Rabs

Oct 4, 2013
My husband is on work permit valid for 2 yrs...my son is 1yr old hence I was asked to apply as a visitors category for him...?

Freespirited

Star Member
Sep 29, 2013
Muntinlupa
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 31, 2014
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
Wife skilled worker in BC
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
None
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
We have the same situation but our medical came at the same time , my son is 3 year old .

Rabs

Oct 4, 2013
Ok...thats wht im worried....and no response yet from CIC..what category have u applied for ur son? Is it visitors visa?

Freespirited

Star Member
Sep 29, 2013
Muntinlupa
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 31, 2014
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
Wife skilled worker in BC
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
None
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Temporary resident visa, mine is spousal open work permit

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Rabs said:
Hi... please let me know once you receive any update from CIC..thank you.
I have had the same situation, i.e. applied for a family of 5 (me being primary application - work visa, spouse - open work permit, two younger kids (under 6) temp resident visas (multiple) and elder son (7 school going) - open study permit.

We got medical calls for all except the elder son together, so i emailed CIC asking about his status since we would only go for medical together. His medical letter came like 5-6 days latter (keeping in mind that i emailed CIC the same day).

Note: The rule is to apply for kids under 6 for trv and for 6+ but less than 18, open study permit, so there is nothing wrong with your application type. It is correct.

So, you should email CIC if you haven't already.

samir3132

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2010
Visa Office......
cpp
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 08, 2014
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
Jan 11, 2014
Med's Request
June 04 2014
Med's Done....
June 06 2014
Passport Req..
sep 26,2014
VISA ISSUED...
06 Oct 2014
LANDED..........
Feb 01 2015
Hi fkl,

Need your help did you apply online as i am planning to apply my work permit extenstion as i am in canada with positive lmo noc b job with my spouse owp who is in india and child 2yr visitor visa also in india
can it possibe to apply online?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
samir3132 said:
Hi fkl,

Need your help did you apply online as i am planning to apply my work permit extenstion as i am in canada with positive lmo noc b job with my spouse owp who is in india and child 2yr visitor visa also in india
can it possibe to apply online?
Hi Samir3132,

No i did not apply online. But the primary reason for me for using paper app was different. I had my application fee in the form of a bank draft in CAD. In order to apply online, one needs to pay via credit card.

If you are present IN Canada, i have doubts that you cannot apply online. I have heard from others that if you fill the 'am i eligible wizard' for filling application online and give a Canadian address, it says you are not qualified.

Also i have doubts that you can apply TOGETHER for your own work permit extension along with your spouse and child. In their forms, you would indicate current address to be of India and in yours, you would state that of Canada so i am not sure if they would be treated similarly.

I suggest that you either call CIC helpline (since you are in Canada) and ask about this AND also post this as a separate new thread.

You can always apply together, that is not an issue. I suspect that your applications would BE treated separately based upon your current location i.e. INSIDE Canada vs India.

Hope that helps

samir3132

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2010
Visa Office......
cpp
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 08, 2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Jan 11, 2014
Med's Request
June 04 2014
Med's Done....
June 06 2014
Passport Req..
sep 26,2014
VISA ISSUED...
06 Oct 2014
LANDED..........
Feb 01 2015
Hi Fkl,

They told me apply work permit with spouse together online and for child apply trv home country with explanation letter for spouse and for child that i am here in canada working in noc b like that details.
now waiting for paper from service canada as online its saw lmo approve today.
i check my eligibility and its saw me that i can apply all 3 application online.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Samir3132,

Glad to hear you can do it online for all the 3.

I am a little confused about your explanation. Did you say, you should APPLY ONLINE FOR SPOUSE along with yourself, BUT APPLY FOR CHILD TRV on paper, back in India? (assuming you attach a letter explaining your own situation for both of them)

That is a little weird. If they are allowing to apply together (primary applicant in Canada applying for extension, spouse and child in India), then why the distinction of spouse being allowed to submit online IN CANADA where as the child being processed IN INDIA.

Just wondering.

samir3132

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2010
Visa Office......
cpp
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 08, 2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Jan 11, 2014
Med's Request
June 04 2014
Med's Done....
June 06 2014
Passport Req..
sep 26,2014
VISA ISSUED...
06 Oct 2014
LANDED..........
Feb 01 2015
fkl said:
Samir3132,

Glad to hear you can do it online for all the 3.

I am a little confused about your explanation. Did you say, you should APPLY ONLINE FOR SPOUSE along with yourself, BUT APPLY FOR CHILD TRV on paper, back in India? (assuming you attach a letter explaining your own situation for both of them)

That is a little weird. If they are allowing to apply together (primary applicant in Canada applying for extension, spouse and child in India), then why the distinction of spouse being allowed to submit online IN CANADA where as the child being processed IN INDIA.

Just wondering.
thats i wonder may be because of trv! which handle from delhi and work permit apply online with spouse thats agent told me when i call cic today

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
samir3132 said:
thats i wonder may be because of trv! which handle from delhi and work permit apply online with spouse thats agent told me when i call cic today
That doesn't really make sense. Every one needs a trv. Even for you and your wife, they will issue trv's along with "Letter of introduction" via the embassy. Only the actual work permit is issued at the port of entry. Any way, i would advise you to double check this.

May be call CIC more than once at different times and get this confirmed from more than one agents. Also posting it on forum might help since many people might point out to official cic statements in this regard.

samir3132

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2010
Visa Office......
cpp
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 08, 2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Jan 11, 2014
Med's Request
June 04 2014
Med's Done....
June 06 2014
Passport Req..
sep 26,2014
VISA ISSUED...
06 Oct 2014
LANDED..........
Feb 01 2015
As I am already in Canada no need for trv for me my wife will get trv stamp in passport as worker and daughter get stamp as visitor I am going to apply around 22 Oct online all 3 application under my CIC account.