+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open Work Permit and NOC to be added in Express entry profile

jaka

Star Member
Oct 12, 2021
My spouse is with Open WP ( No job offer ) and have experience in IT Manager for 1 year in Canada. Is she considered as skill experience.

Can I give 1 year for the question
"In the last ten years, how many years of skilled work experience in Canada does your spouse/common-law partner have?"

Also, can I choose the relevant NOC for the express entry profile submission, or should I need to choose NOC as 9999- Open work permit.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My spouse is with Open WP ( No job offer ) and have experience in IT Manager for 1 year in Canada. Is she considered as skill experience.

Can I give 1 year for the question
"In the last ten years, how many years of skilled work experience in Canada does your spouse/common-law partner have?"

Also, can I choose the relevant NOC for the express entry profile submission, or should I need to choose NOC as 9999- Open work permit.
Does she have one year of skilled Canadian work experience (TEER 1-3)? If she does then yes. Your NOC is the NOC of an IT Manager.

jaka

Star Member
Oct 12, 2021
Thanks, Yes she has work experience IN Canada for 1 year , but with open work permit ( with no LMIA and no LMIA Exempt - No job offer).

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks, Yes she has work experience IN Canada for 1 year , but with open work permit ( with no LMIA and no LMIA Exempt - No job offer).
But she has skilled work experience? If so, yes. No where in the question does it ask about LMIA.

jaka

Star Member
Oct 12, 2021
I am not sure what does the skilled work experience exactly mean. She has been in IT Manager for 1 year, I believe it is considered as skilled experience.
Please let me know your thoughts.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am not sure what does the skilled work experience exactly mean. She has been in IT Manager for 1 year, I believe it is considered as skilled experience.
Please let me know your thoughts.
Need to match your NOC to your job responsibilities on the database. A IT Manager should be TEER 1 or 2 so skilled.