+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open work permit and incorporate business

Y16v

Star Member
Dec 21, 2012
I just open my ltd company. I have one question please. Because I am in a close work permit until June can I hire staff to work for my bussiness??
I am the director of the bussiness.
Thanks

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
I just open my ltd company. I have one question please. Because I am in a close work permit until June can I hire staff to work for my bussiness??
Thanks
Yes you can hire employees to work for your business but you cannot work as you don't have a open work permit.

Ridhishuwedha

Apr 23, 2019
I am in an open work permit. Can I open my business.
Thanks in advance
How did u get a open work permit..guide me..i have multiple visa ..now i am in canada in tourism holding 6 months entry..if i apply open workpermit will i get it ...or if my ooen work permist refused then my visitor also cancelled

Ridhishuwedha

Apr 23, 2019
How did u get a open work permit..guide me..i have multiple visa ..now i am in canada in tourism holding 6 months entry..if i apply open workpermit will i get it ...or if my ooen work permist refused then my visitor also cancelled
Thanks
Ping ur email

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You don’t qualify for an open work permit. If you do find a company willing to sponsor you which is very difficult. They would have pay and apply for an LMIA and you’d have to apply for a closed work permit if they get a positive result for their LMIA. That is a 4-6 month process.

havythoai

Jul 9, 2019
I am in an open work permit. Can I open my business.
Thanks in advance
You can open an incorporate business with you Open Work Permit, right ???
What happens to your visa status? Have you lost your Open Work Permit when you opened a business?

aspirant9

Nov 8, 2018
Thanks
Hi,

Can you please guide how you opened your ltd company? I am looking to work for US-based employer remotely from Canada as 'Independent contractor-Canada based'. I have COPR as of now and will be doing landing on 1 October as PR. Do I have to get in touch with any account/lawyer to set myself as an independent contractor? Thanks